Astoria

• Thread starter Username2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neikeel

Reaction score
What I never learn is why I waste any time here. There are still some good guys posting so I do. Why you are even in this thread is what I wonder. Internet forums are full of clowns like you.

You clearly hate the company and how they operate.

I suppose a little cynicism is healthy but it is alarming how much negativity there is too.

As far as being duped, hoodwinked, cajoled into buying new things to pay someones salary, well.....that pretty much sums up Western Capitalism doesn't it, love it or hate it. Employment is a method of keeping people busy, fed and clothed. Most of us like to think that the more you put in the more you get out and civilised societies also incorporate methods to help those that deviate form the preferred path either due to ill health or bad luck, some societies are more civilised than others. In the UK there is big debate about why, as a nation, we are not making and selling more things to the rest of the world. Answer is that we are too expensive for high volume low tech things so they get made in the developing world where base costs are cheap. What is hurting now is that the world has developed and can now make the high end tech stuff as well and the only thing that keeps us afloat is the intellectual property rights, when they go we are stuffed! To an extent that applies to the US but it a much bigger place with many more people, even so the Chinese have invaded without a shot being fired:naughty:

slugzz-sop

Reaction score
Sounds like a great amp but most likely wont be my cup of tea. Looks cool tho.... on the other hand, im interested in that dirty little sneaky comment i think Nuke mentioned earlier in the thread..... about them not forgetting about the metal heads. I wonder what that could mean

Chris Martins

Reaction score
This amp is pretty much dead-on what I was looking for, I would have liked a dual EQ for the Dual model ( which is the one I've got my eyes on ), but any external EQ will do the trick nicely if it's even necessary, and possibly a clean boost for leads, but that is also a simple enough external add-on. I'm sure it will sound great. Great job Marshall, can't wait for it to hit the demo-tube. Thanks for the info Nuke. :)

Last edited:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think they read up like a great range of amps - just hope they sound as good!

:agreed:

ricksteruk

Reaction score
Many thanks for taking the time to share all the information about the Astoria amps Nuke.. it was a great club and it sounds like Marshall are gonna make the amps live up to the name :)

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Couple of Astoria vids but NO sound clips. yeesh. And I must say, the look is starting to grow on me. I'd rock that red one.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba0_NLzJbz0[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASGiKTRaMqQ[/ame]

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
yes, as has been said, there were no working samples at MM. There will be no sound demos from there, since none of the samples were functional...

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
you bought the same house twice??

Black is void color scheme.
with ONLY the logo as the defining moment.

this amp actually has a color scheme. it's good! the style matches house interiors way better than the black version.
Have you noticed, they actually sell into the future.
It takes years for this stuff to actually sell even though it's all familiar stuff.
people don't plan for this stuff to be made, promoted and sold.
Only when it's almost sold out, do people try and get some money together to grab them.

you bought the same house twice??:scratch: uhh yeah again , if first you don't ... oh never mind.:lol:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
What I never learn is why I waste any time here. There are still some good guys posting so I do. Why you are even in this thread is what I wonder. Internet forums are full of clowns like you.

You clearly hate the company and how they operate.
We all benefit from the info Nuke , some people are just stuck in the old days. Nothing wrong with that either. I think it is harder right now than ever to try to be a big name like Marshall. Everyone and their brother have tried to emulate them and coming out with something new that everyone will love can be risky but it sounds like they made a huge effort here.
I feel once it is out the replies will be different.:yesway:

hollowbox

Reaction score
While I'm sure these amps will be priced higher than I will pay......I love the look and I love the idea and will probably love the sound. I dig my modded JVM but a 30 watt, power scalable, simple, classic sounding amp is extremely desirable. Damnit!!! I want one.

Username2

Reaction score

The Ozzk

Reaction score
The amp doesn't officially launch until July. Expect retailers to have the MAP price set by summer NAMM in Nashville. Marshall will have all their promos and demos by then also. Musikmesse was simply a preview. Summer NAMM should be interesting.
I think it's fair to say that Steve and Chris are very VERY happy with the end result. And we all know those two know tone. Real Marshall tone. :cool::D

Username2

Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that Steve and Chris are very VERY happy with the end result. And we all know those two know tone. Real Marshall tone. :cool::D

Yes. As well as some heavy hitters on the guitar scene. Santiago and crew are still very busy with more good stuff. The Astoria was not intended for the masses.

Username2

Reaction score
Is this a limited release then? :hmm:

No. Becomes part of Marshall's HW Range. All those amps are designs from the 60s - 70's so now something more modern but with a different sound.

Marshall will eventually offer black. Not sure those three colors are set in stone. I don't mind the blue or red.

Latest posts