• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Berenstain bears and Fruit of the loom logo

• Thread starter saxon68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fruit of the Loom logo never had a cornucopia. The cornucopia denotes a harvest and is commonly symbolized as such in clip art. Fruit of the Loom was about clothing made by use of a loom machine, and that clothing was the "fruit" that such looms would bear. Id children are the fruit of marriage, you certainly don't see cornucopias behind them in their photos.

Official logo:

1647833227294.png

Man, I'm tellin' ya - sometimes people make me wonder:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I think you're remembering Billy Crystal doing Ricky in a skit.

I do remember that.

It's a weird thing, as not everyone seems to be affected by it (but enough that do that makes it curious). There are many that I wouldn't know either way, but there are a handful that make me scratch my head.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Wow, ok, here's a new one ...

Did you know that on I Love Lucy, Ricky never said "Lucy, you've got some splainin' to do!"?

Apparently he never said it. Not once. Not a single episode has that phrase.

I can't be the only one who clearly remembers this quite differently.
That was started by Eddie Murphy in his Delirious HBO special

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
The Fruit of the Loom logo never had a cornucopia. The cornucopia denotes a harvest and is commonly symbolized as such in clip art. Fruit of the Loom was about clothing made by use of a loom machine, and that clothing was the "fruit" that such looms would bear. Id children are the fruit of marriage, you certainly don't see cornucopias behind them in their photos.

Official logo:

View attachment 104370

Man, I'm tellin' ya - sometimes people make me wonder:

Nope, that's not the one from my childhood.

XTRXTR

Reaction score

Official logo:

View attachment 104370
Vin is right. The internet creates so much misinformation, perhaps its time to turn off the phone.

kilroy

Reaction score
Not into conspiracy theories AT ALL, but it's my firm belief that there HAS to be life on other planets.

I mean, c'mon, I was watching NOVA maybe 6 months ago and they were talking about how there are something like 300 thousand or 300 million planets (I forget now) with an atmosphere possibly similar to that of earth, in the correct proximity of a sun to possibly support life.

Understanding that life can breed in many environments, it only seems plausible that there could be life on other planets. Whether single celled organisms or the most technically advanced species...who knows, but there has to be life elsewhere.

I've been interested in other beings since I was a teenager. I remember as a child my dad would say that people who believe in aliens are nuts. I don't believe all of the probing and abduction stuff but who knows?

But with all of the technological advancements employed in space exploration, and the information they've discovered, I believe there has to be some sort of life elsewhere besides earth.

Why should we be so "special" as to assume that we're the only planet in the entire universe to contain life?

That would be like living 2000 years in the past and thinking that the continent you inhabit is the only one with life because you've been unable to explore all of the rest of the continents to prove otherwise.

Just my ²/10 of a cent. :)
Saw an interesting program on space a few weeks ago where they were talking about the expanding universe, and they made the point that even if we could travel at the speed of light, 90% of the stars we can see are unreachable because as we're traveling towards them they're moving away. So yeah, I agree there is absolutely life out there somewhere, but I don't believe any of it has come here (except maybe inadvertantly via comets) or that we will ever meet it. The distances are just too vast.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Saw an interesting program on space a few weeks ago where they were talking about the expanding universe, and they made the point that even if we could travel at the speed of light, 90% of the stars we can see are unreachable because as we're traveling towards them they're moving away. So yeah, I agree there is absolutely life out there somewhere, but I don't believe any of it has come here (except maybe inadvertantly via comets) or that we will ever meet it. The distances are just too vast.

Oh you reminded me about something else I saw on one of those shows. Those planets are so far away that their sun probably don't even exist anymore because it takes so long for the light to travel to our telescopes we are seeing what existed years prior (forgot how many year, could be hundreds to millions, idk). So even trying to travel there is pointless not even taking into consideration your comment about the expanding universe which I've never heard and makes sense.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
And besides all that - if you're in a space ship and you're headed toward the stars, right? You're obviously moving away from the sun into more and more outer darkness. And so if you're traveling at the speed of light with your headlights on, I mean...

the speed of the light from your headlights isn't exactly going to keep up with you, so how the heck can you even see where you're going?

For this is a vexation; a chasing after the wind.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
BÄRENSTEIN.

( or beerenstain, bahrainsteen, brainstem...
Phonetics...the written word is constantly
manipulated.)

XTRXTR

Reaction score
And besides all that - if you're in a space ship and you're headed toward the stars, right? You're obviously moving away from the sun into more and more outer darkness. And so if you're traveling at the speed of light with your headlights on, I mean...

the speed of the light from your headlights isn't exactly going to keep up with you, so how the heck can you even see where you're going?

For this is a vexation; a chasing after the wind.
IF you were traveling at the speed of light your headlights would be off. If you turned them on you would be braking from the light pushing against you. Like having a rocket in the front firing off slowing you down.

Time and space have to deform for speeds to be at or faster than light. Lets do the time warp, or use some spice and bend space. But imagine the targeting systems to get you there accurately. A galactic GPS navigation. Dissolve into nothing and appear next to a new planet 13.5 billion light years away.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score

No, it's really not, Vin, and I can't explain why that is. I'm not saying you are wrong, as you remember what you remember, but I'm not wrong for remembering what I remember either. This is one of the interesting things about ME, as like I said yesterday, it doesn't seem to affect everyone the same way (if at all).

When the Fruit of the Loom question was first posed (well, the first time I noticed it mentioned), the question asked was simply what do you remember about the Fruit of the Loom logo, and the first thing that came into my head was the cornucopia ... why would that be? Why am I thinking about it, and why are so many others? Neither of us can answer that question. It's one of the greatest mysteries pretty much ever (not just fruit of the loom, but ME in general).

As for Ricky Ricardo? My Mom grew up w/the show (I watched the re-runs in the 80's), and I asked her what the famous line from the show was, and she repeated "Lucy, you've got some splainin' to do" right away ... when I pointed out that he never said that in a show, she was audibly confused/upset. She knows what she heard. I know what I heard. Sadly, the conversation ended a couple of minutes later, as I think she was having a legitimately hard time processing it (and for good reason ... I've been there!). There are others that have absolutely blown her mind as well.

Potential interesting aside? The Large Hadron Collider (CERN), while having been off for the last few years, will apparently be fired up to maximum power tomorrow for the first time. Will be interesting to see if anything "strange" happens in the near future.

If you have 15 minutes to spare, check this out:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
No, it's really not, Vin, and I can't explain why that is. I'm not saying you are wrong, as you remember what you remember, but I'm not wrong for remembering what I remember either. This is one of the interesting things about ME, as like I said yesterday, it doesn't seem to affect everyone the same way (if at all).

When the Fruit of the Loom question was first posed (well, the first time I noticed it mentioned), the question asked was simply what do you remember about the Fruit of the Loom logo, and the first thing that came into my head was the cornucopia ... why would that be? Why am I thinking about it, and why are so many others? Neither of us can answer that question. It's one of the greatest mysteries pretty much ever (not just fruit of the loom, but ME in general).

As for Ricky Ricardo? My Mom grew up w/the show (I watched the re-runs in the 80's), and I asked her what the famous line from the show was, and she repeated "Lucy, you've got some splainin' to do" right away ... when I pointed out that he never said that in a show, she was audibly confused/upset. She knows what she heard. I know what I heard. Sadly, the conversation ended a couple of minutes later, as I think she was having a legitimately hard time processing it (and for good reason ... I've been there!). There are others that have absolutely blown her mind as well.

Potential interesting aside? The Large Hadron Collider (CERN), while having been off for the last few years, will apparently be fired up to maximum power tomorrow for the first time. Will be interesting to see if anything "strange" happens in the near future.

If you have 15 minutes to spare, check this out:

Mah, I was just messin' with ya. :naughty: I know what you mean, and I have no side in it really, except that I'm aware of the phenomenon. My people and I always took it for granted, like Deja vu. The cornucopia - I just remember in elementary school we colored the "bountiful harvest" copies with crayons, so it I could see where something similar would trigger a comparable image in the case of Fruit OT Loom. It's been proven that people's memories change as time goes by, and there are obvious factors that contribute such, like wishing certain aspects were different, mis-association of times and circumstances, similarities in names and faces, etc. And then there are the outright lies that go down with time, as in: "I caught a fish and it was this big": you wanted it to be bigger, so you embellished your story, and over time it became truth in your memory.

I recall Ricky saying "splainin'". It fits the character, the dialect, and I've know Puerto Rican people personally - coworkers in the past - who would say it exactly that way. So if it's wrong, then I can still see how it is that I would recall it that way.

As for Deja vu? I have that from time to time. It usually comes in clusters over a period of several days, and then it's gone until next time. Perhaps all of these things are rooted in the brain's need to associate things with familiarity, which then might explain the attraction older people have to nostalgia, etc. ...

Last edited:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Mah, I was just messin' with ya. :naughty: I know what you mean, and I have no side in it really, except that I'm aware of the phenomenon. My people and I always took it for granted, like Deja vu. The cornucopia - I just remember in elementary school we colored the "bountiful harvest" copies with crayons, so it I could see where something similar would trigger a comparable image in the case of Fruit OT Loom. It's been proven that people's memories change as time goes by, and there are obvious factors that contribute such, like wishing certain aspects were different, mis-association of times and circumstances, similarities in names and faces, etc. And then there are the outright lies that go down with time, as in: "I caught a fish and it was this big": you wanted it to be bigger, so you embellished your story, and over time it became truth in your memory.

I recall Ricky saying "splainin'". It fits the character, the dialect, and I've know Puerto Rican people personally - coworkers in the past - who would say it exactly that way. So if it's wrong, then I can still see how it is that I would recall it that way.

As for Deja vu? I have that from time to time. It usually comes in clusters over a period of several days, and then it's gone until next time. Perhaps all of these things are rooted in the brain's need to associate things with familiarity, which then might explain the attraction older people have to nostalgia, etc. ...

Do you remember Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing?

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score

Screenshot_20211119-013058~3.png

Latest posts