• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Best Marshall Sound Laid To Tape?

• Thread starter jleftyy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one of those topics that really has no end if you think about it.

:D

I love the old Scorps as well. Lonesome Crow on up. Mainly old Uli.

But the Scorpians found a way to refine their guitar tone further in the 80's starting with Blackout.

But this tone sure is no slouch . . . .

DawgFather

Reaction score
Mountain, Flowers of Evil...Leslie west's tone on that one pretty much nails it...

jeffb

Reaction score
Don't forget Mick Ronson's guitar work through a Marshall Major with the Spiders from Mars. Watching the live videos of Moonage Daydream, Width of a Circle. He made that guitar howl, shriek & moan.

I almost posted that as I am a huge fan.. But so much of his tone was the tonebender pedal, and I decided not to.

Buzzard

Reaction score
yeah.so since this will probably be an epic thread.how rigid are talking when refering to "marshall" tone? stock marshalls only? modified, pedals etc? or am i digging too deep into this?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
yeah.so since this will probably be an epic thread.how rigid are talking when refering to "marshall" tone? stock marshalls only? modified, pedals etc? or am i digging too deep into this?
I'd say all things Marshall...

If it needs clarification or someone knows something different, it can be discussed....

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with alot of the above. Scorpions both early and late..angus/ malc..Glenn and K.k...M. Schenker..killer tones..and while in Germany don't forget Accept, Wolf Hoffman had some awesome tone on Balls to the wall. You guys are right though, just too many great tones out there to do this question justice.

Redstone

Reaction score
So, so many, but for me its got to be most songs that AC/DC released. I'd say the one that tops it for me is Malcolms rhythm playing on Rock and Roll Singer. So many close contenders though, and not just from AC/DC.