• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Best ways to use JCM 800 2205

• Thread starter SirTolik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirTolik

Reaction score
Hello!

I have what seems to be the second generation of the 2205 amp. I love it, but would like to get the maximum out of it tonewise.
Can you please give me some hints on the way to do it?
Should I use the OD808 / SD-1 to boost the lead channel by setting level on the pedal to max and leave the gain on 0?
How do I boost the normal channel? Do I increase level of the signal on the pedal or also add some gain?
Are there any preferences in using the effect loop?
I am new to using pedals, so any advises would be much appreciated!

Anatoly

Last edited:

Jet Bycraft

Reaction score
I like to use a Wampler modded Boss Blues Driver on the Boost channel. I don't use any drive pedals on the Normal channel, I only use it for clean tones.

nickfox

Reaction score
Volume is one of the best ways to get good sound out of that amp. You're on the right track with using an sd-1 to boost. A lot of people like to put an EQ in the effects loop. I use an MXR 10 band.

geddy

Reaction score
I have a 4212 that is fundamentally the combo version. I rarely use the boost channel and put overdrive in front of the normal channel (OCD clone). I set the volumes to around 7 where you can hear it sounds best and attenuate to the volume I need. Boost in the loop for solo volume increase (with delay and reverb.). This approach can change.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I had the 2210, the 100-watt version of that amp for several years. I ran a Metal Zone and a GE-7 EQ into the clean channel.

Latest posts