Boss Pedals : Listen To This: )

• Thread starter stillrockin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stillrockin

Reaction score
The new ds 1 is the VOX Satchurator because Satch used a lot the ds1 and he wanted a new one with the same kind of sound

stillrockin

Reaction score
Prince_Pedalboard_01.jpg
but his old flanger was from the 80's so, analog
http://proguitarshop.com/andyscorner/prince-the-unsung-guitar-hero

Conghaille

Reaction score
you're absolutley right but this dones't mean that all pedals are equal: good or bad is subjective, equal or different is not.

not being transparent while in bypass is a feature someone may or may not like

anyway almost every pedal manufacturer has his fans boys and haters and I don't understand why boss "fan boys" (not referring to you) feel the need to be so defensive about thier choices.

Indeed. Nothing is only one way. And nothing is all things to all players.

Really this is the kind of thread I should avoid for my own well being. I'm not really invested in good/bad arguments anymore. If I like what comes out of my speaker or pours out of my summing mixer, then I'm a happy cat. I can get kinda isolated and can forget that sometimes it's important for people to be "right". It's all good. We're all playing our own show. :)

john l

Reaction score
Love my old boss stuff. I was going to say that most of my favorites are old MIJ boxes but ya know honestly there's plenty of new ones that have come out that are fantastic and I'm not talking about the waza series either. I just picked up a DD500 and its nothing short of incredible, couldn't get Velcro on it quick enough. Also The FB2 is a killer boost and the feedback thing actually sounds great.

Here's the beginnings of a board I'm throwing together full of a bunch of my favorites. I'm going to be building a TB looper to use with it because while I don't mind the buffers in boss pedals, too many buffers regardless of brand has an accumulative effect that I don't like. The TU2 will be before the loop so that only one is in the path, I'll post pics when it's done.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
No question .... I modified Boss SD1 can beat up on a lot .... and I mean A LOT of very hi end expensive overdrives on the market today !!

A long chip MIJ DD3 delay can sound fantastic as well ...

Boss has earned there place at the top of the stomp box world !!!

stillrockin

Reaction score
about the chorus, i did not want a digital chorus so, i had not bought a Boss model

i looked for true bypass pedals too, so not BOSS

but i will wait for their new waza flanger or phaser

i have the boss delay dd 500
it needs time to have good sounds and presets

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
Going by the comments here it is clear that most & certainly players that grew up in the 80s have used & or still use at least one or more Boss pedals. My first pedal was a Boss HM-2 & i loved it, still do, some of my faves are Boss such as the DD-2, HF-2 & CE-3. It annoys me that it has become cool to dis them when they were such an important part of effect pedal development. I like other makes & am interested in trying new stuff that comes out but there will always be at least one Boss pedal in my setup.

As far as the Metal Zone, i see that dissed daily on a Facebook page i am a member of. I used that while in my first real band & loved it but as i grew moved on to other stuff, a few years back i wanted to simplify my gear so picked up another but didn't like it as much, sounded nasally & thin but i've seen it still work for other people. Use what you want for your sound.

stillrockin

Reaction score
i think that those who love the bOSS pedals loved the old analog models

so, now it's the waza craft models

Eboy

Reaction score
I totally agree what he's saying. The average pub audience don't give a toss what pedals etc you have. I have Boss pedals, some I like, others not so much but they all do a job. I particualy like the SD-1, and forked out for the waza craft version only as its quieter.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
I particualy like the SD-1, and forked out for the waza craft version only as its quieter.
On a vid I saw the OD-1 & OD-3 were particularly good & smooth. I liked the SD-1 when I had one but it was harsh in comparison with those two.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Love the BOSS pedals , i have the BOSS TU-3 tuner, the BOSS BF-2 flanger ,the BOSS CH-1 chorus ,the BOSS DD-7 delay and i have a old MXR phase 90 that my father gave me as a kid back in the mid 70's and last but not least a cry baby wah

Rocktane

Reaction score
I have some Boss pedals that I really like, sold some in the past that didn't work out. The SD-1 is a staple on my board, the DD-500 is a great new pedal. IMO, the GE-7 is much better when modded to remove the noise. Really looking to forward to the new CE-2W. Loved the old CE-1's & CE-2's and this one has both, plus stereo, vibrato, and it's MIJ.

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
Love my old boss stuff. I was going to say that most of my favorites are old MIJ boxes but ya know honestly there's plenty of new ones that have come out that are fantastic and I'm not talking about the waza series either. I just picked up a DD500 and its nothing short of incredible, couldn't get Velcro on it quick enough. Also The FB2 is a killer boost and the feedback thing actually sounds great.

Here's the beginnings of a board I'm throwing together full of a bunch of my favorites. I'm going to be building a TB looper to use with it because while I don't mind the buffers in boss pedals, too many buffers regardless of brand has an accumulative effect that I don't like. The TU2 will be before the loop so that only one is in the path, I'll post pics when it's done.

I have a bunch of BOSS stuff. I love 'em. I have 3 of the dual overdrive pedal. Nice, I hook up an external stomp to switch between the 2 overdrives in it.

jack daniels

Reaction score
I totally agree what he's saying. The average pub audience don't give a toss what pedals etc you have. I have Boss pedals, some I like, others not so much but they all do a job. I particualy like the SD-1, and forked out for the waza craft version only as its quieter.

And there you go. Unless the overall sound is bad, the song is bad, or the guitarist is bad, the audience typically doesn't give a care.

GrmynShyphrd

Reaction score
I'm sure there are better brands out there but for whatever reason, I have always gotten the hook up with Boss pedals. Some were given to me, while others I got a great deal on. I have never paid full price for one, new or used.

As a result, I have a crate full of Boss pedals I rarely use now but hang onto because I never know when they'll come in handy. I guess that makes me a Boss Hogg, huh?

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I still like Boss-especially some of their 80's pedals.

I'm/was gassing for one of these. You just know its going to sound great. But from what Ive heard of it on youtube it isnt worth the $4000 price tag.
http://www.bossus.com/products/waza_amp_head/

Last edited:

john l

Reaction score
I have a bunch of BOSS stuff. I love 'em. I have 3 of the dual overdrive pedal. Nice, I hook up an external stomp to switch between the 2 overdrives in it.

Have you discovered the yellow channel on them yet? Worthy of a Google my friend.

Latest posts