• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Buyers remorse..and I haven’t even received it yet

• Thread starter Timmy51
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy51

Reaction score
i did this last week on eBay . I have several hobbies other than music . So i saw a collectible item that was bidding dirt cheap. I had several already , it was sooooo nice i thought man i ll help,the seller out and add a small bid of a few dollars more . I expected it to sell TWICE price after i bid ......

I won the damn auction ....smh ..... i was dreading receiving the item. I had like four in as good or better already , did not think one would slip by that cheap . I thought about not paying at first, then i thought ....man i'm needed some punishment for being so stupid impulsive. I paid up , looked at it 10 seconds and used eBays 100% satisfaction policy , processed a return form and shipped it back . Cost me time and few dollars shipping to send it back. I need to stop this kind of shit , no matter how much i find i love the item . I doubt i learned my lesson....its like a disease.

That’s how mine went also. Sometimes I’m just to damn impulsive. I thought about not paying or retuning it but.... live and learn. I already have up for sale locally.

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
The class 5 is kinda like...the amp you don't think you want but you really want and for the wrong reasons. Because basically it has a great clean tone going for it, fairly easy to make simple mods to it, and the darn thing is simple. Set the bass to 0, mids to 6, treble maxed, crank it, and its very dynamic, bright, early 70s sound to me. Doubly so with a RAT or EQ in front of it.

But I understand the feeling having too many amps myself.

Timmy51

Reaction score
The class 5 is kinda like...the amp you don't think you want but you really want and for the wrong reasons. Because basically it has a great clean tone going for it, fairly easy to make simple mods to it, and the darn thing is simple. Set the bass to 0, mids to 6, treble maxed, crank it, and its very dynamic, bright, early 70s sound to me. Doubly so with a RAT or EQ in front of it.

But I understand the feeling having too many amps myself.

I think I’m going to like it. I just didn’t need it.
That’s my plan with it. I’m going to get it home and and stomp a Rat with it, maybe some fuzz too. I’m really hoping it has a good clean tone as well.

what speakers do you recommend ? I have 3 different Mesa cabs that I’m going to experiment with.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
That’s my plan with it. I’m going to get it home and and stomp a Rat with it, maybe some fuzz too. I’m really hoping it has a good clean tone as well.

what speakers do you recommend ? I have 3 different Mesa cabs that I’m going to experiment with.
I have rafts of stuff I don't "need". But I use em amd play em!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score

I run my C5H into a 4x12 w/G12H30's (55hz).

It's a great amp straight in, but yeah, I have a tendency to use mine as kind of my 'pedal amp' ... it's either a Wampler Pinnacle, a Wampler SuperPlex, or a Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe (all depends on the guitar / what I'm after). I also have a Wampler Velvet Fuzz ... sounds just as good into the C5 as my other amps, but I think I've come to learn that I'm not really a fuzzy guy (will likely trade it away soon).

Oh, and don't forget about the headphone trick to bring it down to 1w if you want. The amp sounds better at 5w, but it still sounds good @ 1w ... and it's a nice option to have if you want / need to keep the volume really low.

I've said this many times, but it's the only amp I've ever bought that I'm absolutely certain I'll never let go of. Not the best amp I've ever had, but I do love it.

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I currently have 3 white Marshall class 5 Combo amps with consecutive serial numbers.

They're part of the 100 made for Sam Ash.

I had a 4th white Class 5 combo but sold it.

I pretty much plan my gear purchases but sometimes do the impulse buy.

As of now, I have mucho select gear and I picky on what I buy.

I'm planning on a cool purchase by the end of the year.

Stay tuned.

Yeah!!!

I just did the buy of a lifetime.

It's the cherry on the cake.

Grestch G6136T '59 & a Fender Ice Blue Metallic Vintera Stratocaster.

It's difficult to say, but I think I'm done with buying electric guitars.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsc...9v4NwA1dOHrzMccbux1JGyffDR47-M6YaAvJoEALw_wcB

ray101!

Reaction score
I need help or something. I’m outta control lately.
I bought a Class 5 head on Reverb, good deal and all but I’m not even looking forward to it coming. I regret it already and haven’t even played it.

I need another amp like a hole in my head.

oh well.. could be worse things

Anyone need a amp ?
The minute I heard Eddie Van Halen had passed I immediately bought an EVH 5150 series guitar, well about two hours after my purchase all EVH guitars were sold out on every platform to purchase one and for some reason I was wanting an EVH Wolfgang special, well I was looking at AMS a few days later and they had one in stock that just happened to be in my favorite color and it was like I blacked out for a few minutes and when I came to I had purchased the guitar ( I didn't actually black out I don't think anyway) and immediately started to panic, well I've still got the guitar and now I absolutely love it but I understand buyers remorse and I understand buying something before you realize what you've done.

ray101!

Reaction score
[QUOTE="It was kinda a half drunk purchase. I made an offer that I’d never thought would be accepted.. and it’s coming in the mail. :wallbash:

Gotta watch out for those offers - I own a 2555X for the same reason.

Russ[/QUOTE]
That's a great amp though, I own my 2555x because Marshall actually discontinued them a few years back and the store I buy all my gear from slashed prices on them then quoted me a price even better than the slashed "clearance " price, I caved and bought it. I'm kinda glad I did cause now that Marshall have them back in production my 2555x is worth more used now than what I paid new, not that I'm ever going to sell it but stuff like that will make you feel better about your purchases.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly I bought a YJM 100 about 10 years ago?

Haven't bothered with another amp since!

Guess when you get what you're after you're done?

:thumbs:

Belstaff & Barbour International coats on the other hand I could open a shop.....

:lol::lol::lol:

:facepalm:

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
E ... definitely E. Well she didn’t leave, but that’s just small potatos. It was kinda a half drunk purchase. I made an offer that I’d never thought would be accepted.. and it’s coming in the mail. :wallbash:
I did the same thing last week with an EVH 5150 iii lbx ii, made an offer I didn't think would be accepted.

While it was in transit I was thinking "why in the hell did I do that " but once I got it and fired it up I'm ok with it. Great little head. Hope you have the same experience.

My only problem now is I want a matching cab...:D

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
iu

Gutch220

Reaction score
I made an offer that I’d never thought would be accepted.. and it’s coming in the mail. :wallbash:

well if you got a good deal, then sell it again....... for profit. Or trade it for something else you want.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if you got a good deal, then sell it again....... for profit. Or trade it for something else you want.
That was my thoughts as well. I got a mint, current model lbx with the concentric volume and gain for 250+ less than they sell for at sweetwater. I can always, at bare minimum break even at that.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I had a couple of those heads. I highly recommend an Alnico Blue in an open back. Another great combination is a Greenback and the amp pushed with a germanium treble booster and add a Les Paul.

Crunchifyable

Reaction score

I love greenbacks with everything so that's just me. Probably anything close to a greenback or a 70s celestion.

The rat with the filter on 0 and the distortion set low really brings out the bite in the amp.