ChickenFoot + Tommy Lee = COOL !!!

• Thread starter HOT TUBES 70
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
The rumor floating around is that Chad Smith from RHCP may not be
able to continue with Chickenfoot cause of his obligations to tour with
RHCP , So Joe Satriani has said it would be great if we could get Tommy
Lee to fill in for Chad Smith in the Studio while Chickenfoot records there
next CD !

Not Taking anything away from Chad Smith , but i think it would be a good
match up with those guys Musically speaking ! IMO ! :dude:

Anyone else think so .......:hmm:

tonefreak

Reaction score
tommy lee with chicken foot.

THAT WOULD ROCK! i don't understand why everybody says he's a lousy drummer, they obviously have never played any crue on the drums.

so I agree, that would be awesome!

nofearfactor

Reaction score
Hells ya. I never really got into Crue much in their heydey even though I like them some now but I am a major 'Methods of Mayhem' fan and the boy can play a decent guitar too,as well as the piano,etcetc. Very talented fella. That would be a great fit too. Not a big RHCP fan so I didnt know much about him when he joined CF even though I thought he was cool.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Tommy Lee would be a perfect match honestly. He's got the attitude in his playing and he's a capable songwriter. I'm kind of excited to hear thie results!

Diocletian

Reaction score
I don't have much time for ANY of the guys in Motley Crue (except Mick), although I like their music and have done since "Dr Feelgood" was the first LP I ever bought. I have a feeling Tommy Lee would turn Chickenfoot into a circus, I'm surprised a guy with his head on right like Satch would want to be in a band with an idiot like Tommy.

Anyone ever read "The Dirt"? Worst book ever, it was obviously aimed at 12 year olds. I probably would have thought it was hilarious when I bought "Dr Feelgood" but as a 33 year old I just found it incredibly childish and sad. The music was hardly even mentioned, they'd rather boast about drugs and blowjobs.

I hope Bruce Dickinson bumps into Nikki one day and gives him a hiding.

PaoloJM

Reaction score
Was any one else a little disappointed with the chikenfoot album?
Maybe it's just me, but I just can't to get a vibe from it.

bhm1905

Reaction score
ive just red this on planetrock.com and i would like jason bonnam,but i admit tommy lee would be much wilder like chad smith:headbanger:

misterdetail

Reaction score
Why would they turn again to a drummer already in another band? How long before Motley Crue calls and needs him? I say go with someone who can make Chickenfoot top priority, like the rest of the band. Joe's drummer Jeff Campitelli could handle it, but he's not a big name like the others mentioned.

misterdetail

Reaction score
probably cuz they can play with anyone they want....they're probably thinking that if when tommy goes maybe they'll get neil pert for a while.
The drummer they want is Chad Smith, and he's not going to be available to tour. Here's what I think happened. When Chickenfoot got together they thought it would be something fun, not anything permanent. Then they had unexpected success. By that I mean, a Gold record. That hasn't happened in years for Hagar, Anthony or Satriani, nor will it probably again as solo artists. For Smith, every RHCP record goes gold, so no big deal. Not that they need to the money, but this is big for Hagar and Anthony. You might even call it revenge for what happened to them in Van Halen. For Satriani, he says he's always wanted to be in a band, and here it is. Contractually he's still gotta do solo albums, and the new one is great, but his heart is more in Chickenfoot right now. Going back to Chad Smith, he probably thought it would be all over by now. Again, I say go get a drummer who can commit full time until the Chickenfoot ship has run it's course.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Lee is a great drummer. Im not sure hes a good match for CF. He really lays down the thunder. More suitable for Rob Zombie than for CF. But it might be a interesting combo

TubeStack

Reaction score
Tommy Lee is a smoking rock drummer and should fit the CFoot sound well (though it's not my thing, that band).

Anyone ever read "The Dirt"? Worst book ever, it was obviously aimed at 12 year olds. I probably would have thought it was hilarious when I bought "Dr Feelgood" but as a 33 year old I just found it incredibly childish and sad. The music was hardly even mentioned, they'd rather boast about drugs and blowjobs.

I hope Bruce Dickinson bumps into Nikki one day and gives him a hiding.

I read it in my early 30s and loved it. Read it twice, great book for the shitter.

And Bruce Dickinson is a dorky geek. :D

Diocletian

Reaction score
Tommy Lee is a smoking rock drummer and should fit the CFoot sound well (though it's not my thing, that band).

I read it in my early 30s and loved it. Read it twice, great book for the shitter.

And Bruce Dickinson is a dorky geek. :D

Are you much of a Crue fan though? As a fan of the music I felt really short changed that the book barely mentioned the music.

As for Bruce, he's a true Metal God! :headbanger:

TubeStack

Reaction score
Are you much of a Crue fan though? As a fan of the music I felt really short changed that the book barely mentioned the music.

As for Bruce, he's a true Metal God! :headbanger:

Good point, I'm not a huge Crue fan, though I appreciate and respect them and like to crank Too Fast... and Shout..., from time to time. But I did enjoy the book - maybe I'm immature for my years... :D

ToddOwnz

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to see what would happen with Lee drumming. His drumming on the newest Crue album (Saint's of Los Angeles) was friggen great! It would definitely be an interesting mix. I say crank it up!

Latest posts