• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Code 50 from amp to 1x12 cab

• Thread starter Sirena
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sirena

Reaction score
I removed the back panel to the Code 50 and began to disconnect and unscrew things.

This is the main amp part. I thought about reusing some of the wires, but nothing was either long enough that was the correct colour, or large enough.

I mounted everything with much larger wire, installed a switchcraft input jack and housing ring, and have painted a piece of gutter screen (to install where the control panel was) bronze to match the Origin's rear screen. I'm probably going to remove the blue paint as even though it's my fav colour, it's not a hard finish and is coming off.

I'm thinking about installing a Celestion Vintage 30 8 ohm in it since the power rating is 10w under the max power of 50w with my Origin 50.

Last edited:

South Park

Reaction score
It makes playing even better when you build your stuff

Sirena

Reaction score
I bought this was black gutter mesh material and painted it copper/gold and left it on this little heater for a couple of days until I could no longer smell the paint.

All the tools I used for this besides pliers to remove staples that weren't inserted fully (I don't have a strong stapler).

Mostly totally stapled mesh insert. I tried to staple as much as I could within reason to remove any potential rattles. 5x18" measurement fits perfectly.

From the outside. I'll do something with those holes, but not sure what yet. Maybe reinstall the handle. I'm also going to strip the paint as I thought it would be much harder than it is, but is now coming off.

Something I noticed when testing at full volume at 50w with a lot of bass and distortion is that the original "lautsprecher" in the code series can't handle the amount of power or distortion produced from the Origin 50 and I could smell the voice coil of the speaker overheating, especially with power chords. So I now know that I need to buy a replacement soon.

Latest posts