Digital Trend

• Thread starter TwinACStacks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Dammit, now that I've researched more, you guys have me busting for a 501. There might be one locally available here, I may have to check it out. Versatile, obviously sounds great, and compact. Shit potentially more $$ out for yet another amp...

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Dammit, now that I've researched more, you guys have me busting for a 501. There might be one locally available here, I may have to check it out. Versatile, obviously sounds great, and compact. Shit potentially more $$ out for yet another amp...

The JMD will make your TSL and DSL redundant.

Crunchy Rock

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with either but I don't see tube amps being phased out. There will always be people who want them, including people who have modeling amps. I do see modeling amp quality and selection increasing greatly in the future though. My age group loves technology and the age group behind me loves it more. Kids are going to be growing up on this stuff and it will most likely end up being their preferred setup. I have tube amps and a JMD. I will not be getting rid of either, but I prefer the jmd live for the wide selection of tones in one box. Still got love for the tube amps though.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I still don't understand why so many have this rule that you can only be "all tube" or "all digital."

This whole debate reminds me of growing up and never really understanding why Great Grandpa would sit and listen to "programs" on the AM radio in mono, while the rest of the family watched VHS full color movies in dolby stereo. He sure clung to the past, and really missed out on so many cool things IMO.

All I know is, I trust my ears. If I like what I hear, I use it. I haven't used my tube amps in a while...... I Still own them though.

Totally agree, I have both and love both. It's all about what inspires you, some days it's a basic tube amp, some days it's the endless possibilities of new technology. I have a 69 Camaro in the garage, but I drive a Honda to work every day.