Disapointing boss rv6.... And now?

• Thread starter Mika555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mika555

Reaction score
The reverb is by far my favorite effect.
I have nothing against the fact that the pedal can do more (ambiant etc...) . But my basic sound has to be uncompromising. (Traditional room, spring, plate and hall reverbs)... However, I have the impression that modern pedals are more focused on "ambient" type sounds.
It's fun sometimes..... But it doesn't help me much if my basic reverb isn't the one I'm looking for.
What pedal do you recommend? I'm not looking for a big pedal like stymon big sky or eventide H9. It's too big. I'm looking for a good boss sized pedal for my needs. In fact I need a fairly simple pedal .... But which one?
I saw a "flamma hs02" or a walrus audio r1 (but no room type reverb)...
keeley ?
Which one do you recommend me ?

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
OK. Not a simple pedal initially, but I use a ZOOM MS-70CDR.

It has a plethora of reverbs onboard (29), so there are bound to be ones that suit.
It also has 50 patch slots to program in individual reverbs.
Then you can set your favourites (up to 26) to cycle through at the tap of your foot.
Saves having to stoop down (in the dark?) to twiddle the knobs for a 'verb change on stage.

Programming is a doddle if you use a USB and a PC app.
And it has a shit-tonne of other TBEs, gates, EQs, etc., you can use too (up to 6 in a patch).

20210404_161744-2000.jpg

JohnH

Reaction score
I think the Digitechs have been great reverbs over the last decade or so, Hardwire RV7, Supernatural and Polara. Mines the Supernatural. Yes it has some far-out ambient tones, but the basics are very well covered by really good plate and spring settings. There's extended dwell range though if wanted, and the ability to set up to 100% wet. All in mono or stereo. I think the other Digitechs do more of the basics, but I like the SN

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
The reverb is by far my favorite effect.
I have nothing against the fact that the pedal can do more (ambiant etc...) . But my basic sound has to be uncompromising. (Traditional room, spring, plate and hall reverbs)... However, I have the impression that modern pedals are more focused on "ambient" type sounds.
It's fun sometimes..... But it doesn't help me much if my basic reverb isn't the one I'm looking for.
What pedal do you recommend? I'm not looking for a big pedal like stymon big sky or eventide H9. It's too big. I'm looking for a good boss sized pedal for my needs. In fact I need a fairly simple pedal .... But which one?
I saw a "flamma hs02" or a walrus audio r1 (but no room type reverb)...
keeley ?
Which one do you recommend me ?
Whats wrong with the Boss RV6? I tested a bunch of reverbs and found the Boss to be the best one.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
As a general rule of thumb, I think this way:

<1970 I'd pick up my spring reverb pedal.
>1970s, I'd pick up my plate reverb pedal.

The heavier things are, the more I go for the plate reverb, and the lighter stuff spring.

Onboard reverb is often a good solution as mentioned because the reverb has been selected for that amp's tone.

I rarely dial time-based effects up much anymore. Pink Floyd really and not much else, but I do admit a slight layer of reverb onto rock and metal tracks does help mask sloppiness.

mark123

Reaction score
IMG_8696.jpeg
😁

When the reverb is before the loop like on the DSL40C, I use a TC Electronic HOF mini because I can load any type of reverb on it.

Latest posts