Do you have that "one"?

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Clifdawg

Reaction score
Well I only have one guitar at the moment so I guess that’s The One. 2019 Special that the previous owner put a Faber bridge on.
The original owner was YouTuber Shane from intheblues. It’s an excellent guitar.
Wow, that’s awesome! I remembered watching something about him selling that guitar. Great player, probably one of the best and longest-running demo channels on YT.

I had a TV yellow Epi LP special in college and traded it away and kicked myself over it so long I bought one of the Epi “Inspired By Gibson” models when they came out a couple of years back. Those P90s absolutely sing like angels through my Traynor amp.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
My 2017 SG Faded. I am yet to find a guitar that sounds so right when playing slide. even much higher end guitars I've/had or tried fall short.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell the R9 is your favorite by the heart bedspread you layed it on in the pic.😍:D
It's a cheap blanket on a day bed or whatever they call 'em. Ya gotta take naps sometimes when you're down there in the Green Room. The Green Room is chock-full of very mystical and magical things like TOYS!! and other cool stuff. :)

It's also where my wife keeps me until she wants me to take out the garbage, or fix something, or ask me for money or more diamonds.

(... But my door only opens when the "ON AIR" sign is off. Bwaha!!)

Last edited:

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0015.jpeg
Here’s my baby. If my house was on fire and I had time to grab one guitar, this would be it. 2002 Faded Flying V, modded with 4-way switching (1. Bridge, 2. Outer coils series, 3. Inner coils series, 4. Neck). GraphTech bridge, aluminum tailpiece, Mojotone PAF style pups, witch hat knobs, Grover tuners. I’ve had her since 2004 and she’s been my number one the whole time.

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
This is the one. Strong sentimental reasons, but when it gets played I feel lucky to have a guitar that sounds this good. Tone of the gods, a breeze to play, and incredible picking dynamics. I have a few nice guitars, more and less expensive, but this is MY guitar.

Player Pro Front.jpg

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two that are very special. A 1999 Les Paul Standard and a Partscaster that I built. I have had a lot of strats, and this is one of the best. The LP is from the “golden age” of the ‘90s and is phenomenal.

3KyOOIs.jpg

BrianK

Reaction score
So I was wondering...

I have a few guitars I all enjoy for different reasons. However there's something about my Telecaster that makes me go "aaaah" everytime I pick it up:

View attachment 135041

Now I don't mean that in the sense of "this is an expensive American Fender of course it's good" because I have more expensive instruments that are great as well. I can't put my finger on it but this particular specimen sounds great plugged in and unplugged, feels amazing to play and something just speaks to me when I pick it up. I had that happen to me only once before so far. Is that that famous "Mojo" people speak about?

Share yours if you have a "one"!

Cheers
Original 1952 Tele. No other Tele I've played feels and sings like this one. Magic clearly present.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-23-11-50-29-75_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-23-11-50-29-75_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 8

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new month, a new week.. Back to the 2016 Firebird T. What an amazing player and great sound from those mini hums.

2016-Firebird.jpg
I have had my eye on one of the Gibson clocks for a while, how well is the lighting?

jmp45

Reaction score
I have had my eye on one of the Gibson clocks for a while, how well is the lighting?

Backlight has led's surrounding, making illumination pretty even. With room lights on backlight visibility is not bright enough to notice much difference. I have it hooked up to a kasa outlet so it's backlight is off when I'm not around. They say movement is sweep, it's not, it's step so you hear the click of the second hand. Pretty cool though, I needed a clock in that space so there it is ;)

Gutch220

Reaction score
Backlight has led's surrounding, making illumination pretty even. With room lights on backlight visibility is not bright enough to notice much difference. I have it hooked up to a kasa outlet so it's backlight is off when I'm not around. They say movement is sweep, it's not, it's step so you hear the click of the second hand. Pretty cool though, I needed a clock in that space so there it is ;)
You can buy a sweeping mechanism pretty easy/cheap. they're like less than $10