• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Do you live in "BFE"?

• Thread starter Sapient
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

end user

Reaction score
I live in a tiny town in the East Mountains (6500 ft) of New Mexico. My nearest neighbor is about a half mile away and I am surrounded by Ranch land. I can jam with my band at 2am if I want to out on the porch. I love being in the high desert.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I did that when I lived in Georgia on roof of the 9 store apartments, that was a lot of fun…

I liked how sound traveled, I was shot player tho lol it was like ping pong pang type playing lol

i want to go blast a amp just after about a 2 foot snow fall. you know how snow
deadens the sound of everything right. i just think it would be a blast.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in a tiny town in the East Mountains (6500 ft) of New Mexico. My nearest neighbor is about a half mile away and I am surrounded by Ranch land. I can jam with my band at 2am if I want to out on the porch. I love being in the high desert.

High desert is my favorite climate.
Also, I used to spend a lot of time in Capitan, NM, and surrounding areas. Love it there.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun

Cool! I lived in N.M. for a short while..Los Alamos to be exact!

Yeah, I know..Where the cows glow at night! :lol:

I was working at Bandolier N.M. at the time, and Los Alamos was the closest town to my job. I really liked the country down there though, although a bit too dry for me..But Santa Fe was awesome, and Albuquerque was cool as well once I learned where to go and where to stay away from!

I used to love driving down hwy. 14 through Cerrilios and Madrid, or hwy 4 over to Jemez Springs..There was a club there where I used to jam with some of the local musicians.

end user

Reaction score
Cool! I lived in N.M. for a short while..Los Alamos to be exact!

Yeah, I know..Where the cows glow at night! :lol:

I was working at Bandolier N.M. at the time, and Los Alamos was the closest town to my job. I really liked the country down there though, although a bit too dry for me..But Santa Fe was awesome, and Albuquerque was cool as well once I learned where to go and where to stay away from!

I used to love driving down hwy. 14 through Cerrilios and Madrid, or hwy 4 over to Jemez Springs..There was a club there where I used to jam with some of the local musicians.

The Mineshaft Tavern probably. I am from the Northeast up near Boston so it's been quite the adjustment but I do love it here. yeah ABQ has gotten pretty bad. Not many "safe areas" any more.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
The Mineshaft Tavern probably. I am from the Northeast up near Boston so it's been quite the adjustment but I do love it here. yeah ABQ has gotten pretty bad. Not many "safe areas" any more.

When I was living there I think it was called "Los Ojos", very cool little place with a very high stage..But the Mineshaft Tavern certainly rings a bell.

I remember downtown east ABQ being the place to avoid back then, but things have changed all over it seems.

I moved from WNC to there, really liked it..But we love living here in Montana as well! And Frank Zappa even wrote a song about us..:lol:

end user

Reaction score
When I was living there I think it was called "Los Ojos", very cool little place with a very high stage..But the Mineshaft Tavern certainly rings a bell.

I remember downtown east ABQ being the place to avoid back then, but things have changed all over it seems.

I moved from WNC to there, really liked it..But we love living here in Montana as well! And Frank Zappa even wrote a song about us..:lol:

Well I hope you invested in dental floss at least!

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
...As far as Detroit? What's not to like ..low crime, lot's of jobs, friendly people, great schools, safe streets, low drug and illegal firearms presence. Hell to think I'm in the burbs instead of there. Tell me I didn't get the short end of the stick. :hmm:

:io:

I guess city living ain’t for everyone lol.
Always loved it. Started taking the bus downtown when I was 14-15 . The ‘80s were lean times in Detroit but it still beat the burbs imo. I know you are being sarcastic but I actually did find the people nice. Detroit Proud! ;)

end user

Reaction score
I guess city living ain’t for everyone lol.
Always loved it. Started taking the bus downtown when I was 14-15 . The ‘80s were lean times in Detroit but it still beat the burbs imo. I know you are being sarcastic but I actually did find the people nice. Detroit Proud! ;)

Never heard of these guys but I love me some Muggs! I was pen pals with Tony for a little bit but we kinda stopped talking when he had his stroke.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I used to live in BFE. But now I live in the center of E. Which is COE.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
I live in a small medieval village in southern France. There are about 30 people here in the winter and it bumps up to about 50 in august. My house is at the top of the village, the last house, and outside of my gate is the beginning of a hiking trail that goes up into the mountains. I am down in a very small valley and my house is physically blocked from the rest of the village. That means I can turn up my amps very loud. No one has complained in 4 years.

(On a side note, I just built a barrier out of styrofoam and wood to block the entrance to my bedroom. Now I can turn up my amps even louder. I needed to build some serious ear protection...)

The nearest Mcdonald's is 20 miles away. And that's it. There are no 7-11s, no 24 hour drive throughs, no 24 hour grocery stores. It's just remote. Most everything shuts down here around 7pm.

Here is a picture I took a couple of years ago from my front gate looking down into the village. I'm at 1700 feet (500m) and it was a cold, quiet, snowy night.

View attachment 95812

Pretty damn cool !

Thats where Id end up if i could afford to live there.

C-Grin

Reaction score
This is from a viewpoint looking over the area I live in (not my pic). Next to a bar/restaurant called oddly enough the Viewpoint, some good jams in that place.
79891263_2925082140855470_5150483356403630080_o-b6d83b68.jpeg