• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Do Your Friends/family Come To Your Shows?

chiliphil1

Reaction score
"Sweetheart, I'll be home late this Thursday; we're playing a small gig after work..."

splashmountain.jpg

Oh man, I've seen that look before.

women at our gigs actually put on MORE clothes after we play...

You know, I had the same issue.

The only "girl" story I've got was this one time when a couple were plastered and the husband kept pulling the wife's dress up on the dance floor. The drummers girlfriend ( I know ) ended up getting into it with them because the girl gave the drummer some water when he asked if someone would bring some up there. What a dumbass night that was, ended up playing the last 4 or so songs to 3 people because everyone left after the fight since we stopped playing and the drummer got up and went outside because it was HIS girl who was doing the fighting.

Hence the friends and family thing isn't always the best plan.

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

Reaction score
well that maybe depends on what sort of folks your friends and family ARE. I cannot fathom that happening with anyone we'd invite. i think we maybe run in different circles. also we dont have a drummer. and aint no one flirtin with this guy.

fat_lenny

Reaction score
My mum and stepdad have never missed a gig of any of my bands.

My wife.....not sure she has seen more than one or two.

Then I have a few friends who think it's cool to help Kobe gear. Ive never figured that out, but also never complained and repay with beer.

kinleyd

Reaction score
Oh man, I've seen that look before.

You know, I had the same issue.

The only "girl" story I've got was this one time when a couple were plastered and the husband kept pulling the wife's dress up on the dance floor. The drummers girlfriend ( I know ) ended up getting into it with them because the girl gave the drummer some water when he asked if someone would bring some up there. What a dumbass night that was, ended up playing the last 4 or so songs to 3 people because everyone left after the fight since we stopped playing and the drummer got up and went outside because it was HIS girl who was doing the fighting.

Hence the friends and family thing isn't always the best plan.
Wow, what a story!

mazzefr

Reaction score
At first I'm thinking, no drummer and a song called "&@#£ You, I'm on a Bike" but then again, maybe you're on to something....

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

Reaction score
We're looking at a drummer now. . .been using handbuilt bass and drum backing tracks. It has it's limitations but it's worked alright so far. This is an old version of our song (newer version on upcoming EP):

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Got a call to action at 7:00 pm for 8:30 pm curtain, 40 miles away. My friend had fallen ill and his band needed a bass player, so I packed up my T-bird and amp and headed to the foothills. A rather formal gig at a country club. Played a bunch of pop and smooth jazz tunes, most of which I couldn't name. Got home about 3:00 am. Text Message on phone:
Dad, you were cool, we tried to catch your attention from the dance floor. Your daughter.
Daughter and sil were there, but I didn't recognize them out of their dungarees and work boots. Had no idea daughter even owned a dress.......

Latest posts