DSL players : what overdrive pedal are you using?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
With my DSL40C I am using the OCD and vintage Tube Screamer. I set the OCD for use on the Ultra Channel and the Tube Screamer for use on the clean channel...works well!

pjdux

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, so when it comes to overdrive I currently have, what I would have called too much 2 years ago, very few pedals.
I'll list my overdrives and share each experience.

*IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT SETUP:

- Since my interest in wattage doesn't go above 5W, all of this references are coming from my beloved, DSL5CR
- I Rarely use the clean channel on this Amp, since I use overdrive pedals, to overdrive an amp that need more overdrive lol. The Classic Gain on this amp, has a great clean sound, but with very little to no break-up at all.
- My Amp and Pedals EQ Knobs are ALWAYS setup the same way fort the exception of Amp's MiDDLE when using certain guitars. So Please Take that into account when going down the list:

AMPLIFIER:
Gain: 2 o' Clock
Mid: 12 o' Clock
Bass and Treble: 3 o' Clock

Overdrive Pedals:
Volume: Max on ALL
Drive: 9 o' Clock Unless Mentioned.

Experiences:​

1. Tube Screamer - as usual, useful better paired with some bass-heavy booster or overdrive before it, I barely use it this days except for when i want an SRV sound using my fender amps.
2. Tumnus - One of my favorites, gives me a nice creamy distortion with fat articulated bass, Just awesome... I'm not a fan of how the Tumnus cleans up, compared to other pedals, still in my top 3 pedals for sure. Paired with a compressor enhances dynamics in my case.
3. Morning Glory V4 - Super nice pedal Love the Sound Cleans up well and has lots of features that might come handy one day hehe. Paired with a compressor also sounds amazing and enhances dynamics.
4. Boss FZ - 1w Fuzz - Very nice no complaints about it with the right settings I get all the fuzz I need for my Zep jams.
5. Pro Co FAT RAT - My Favorite Pedal, with the filter at about 2:30 or 3, the distortion at 9, and Mosfet setting on, life cant get any better for me lol this pedal cleans up My dirty Marshall into a Glassy beautiful sound when i turn down that guitar vol below 5, and give me all the boost and dirt I need.

Any Other Recommendations Im contemplating many, and have others im ordering for sure, but before i do hehe, currently I'm curious about:
1. FT OCD
2. Timmy - almost sure on this one.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
MXR Super Badass Variac Fuzz & MXR Super Badass Modified OD on the classic channel.
Just some EQ in the loop on the ultra channel, that's why I have a DSL.

Last edited: