DSL - What Channels do you use most often.

• Thread starter ics1974
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What channels do you use most often?

• Total voters

ics1974

Reaction score
What channel(s) do you use the most?
Sorry I fat fingered Green -Crunch in the poll options and can't fix it.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
I have found a use for each setting on both channels. Now if it was what channel/setting for any given gig or style of music then I could narrow it down.

Ken

Reaction score
I only don't use lead 2; it's too much compression for me but I think that's the point of the mode. I love both green modes to sharpen my playing skills, although I'm usually on the red with no button with the band.

Ken

surface54

Reaction score
red lead 1 is a masterpiece

the rest are good to have if i ever didnt want to make metal i guess

Susihukkanen

Reaction score
Green Clean and volume up at guitar knob + Gibson with 57 Classic humbs. Just about the sound I like..

Esc

Reaction score
Im digging lead2 with gain rolled back to 7. Loosens up the compression yet maintains killer sustain.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Green crunch for most rhythm parts, gain at 3 o clock, vol. 4-5, turn down guitar for cleans. Red 1 (button out) for leads, gain at noon vol 5, kick in the TC Flashback Delay and it just soars. Great, great amp. :rock::dude:

ics1974

Reaction score
Lot's of love for the Red lead 1. I find my Gibson Explorer loves the Red lead 1 but my Fender Strat loves both the green channels.

Rozman62

Reaction score
Crunchy green. Gain on 7 volume 2.5-4. Overdrive pedal to tighten it up. I will use red for some a lead boost and some heavier songs if needed.

Ken

Reaction score
Wow...so many different settings in the replies! Just goes to show how versitile a DSL is I guess. You can buy it for the low gain cleans or buy it for the metal overdrive...or buy it for both! I LOVE playing the green in 'clean' with the gain on 2 at home. And with the band I live in the red on lead 1 and the gain on 6 and volume on 3-4. Go figure...

Ken

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
mine didn't have any Grenn channels:( I missed out.

anyway i use green2 and lead1.

boosted.

800ish and modern metal with a boost. sexy.

Now i'm on to other models/series in the marshall catologue however:)

ESPVH

Reaction score
It all depends on the type of music, I was addicted to red but couldn't get a close 1984 VH sound that I can now with the green, pushed by a SD-1.

All4Tone

Reaction score
I use red 1 mostly, but it really depends on the guitar & what I'm playing. When I plug in & want instant gratification, red 1 can git'er done...

ics1974

Reaction score
Actually since snipping the C12 cap on the front board I am not really caring for the green crunch channel as much because the lead 1 is so improved now. The clean channel sounds great and the lead 1 is amazing. I think I might just keep mine clean and dirty.

Last edited:

Rozman62

Reaction score
mine didn't have any Grenn channels:( I missed out.

anyway i use green2 and lead1.

boosted.

800ish and modern metal with a boost. sexy.

Now i'm on to other models/series in the marshall catologue however:)

I have heard alot of various descriptions of tone however you broke the mold with the use of the word "sexy" to describe a sound...LOL!

surface54

Reaction score
Actually since snipping the C12 cap on the front board I am not really caring for the green crunch channel as much. The clean channel sounds great and the lead 1 is amazing. I think I might just keep mine clean and dirty.

so do you think something went wrong in the mod and its affecting the green crunch channel?
did you bump anything while u were in there maybe?

ics1974

Reaction score
so do you think something went wrong in the mod and its affecting the green crunch channel?
did you bump anything while u were in there maybe?

No nothing like that. The mod made the red lead 1 so good that I don't really have much use of the green crunch anymore. I think because the C12 snipped makes the read channel sound closer to the green channel.
This is a good thing.

surface54

Reaction score
No nothing like that. The mod made the red lead 1 so good that I don't really have much use of the green crunch anymore. I think because the C12 snipped makes the read channel sound closer to the green channel.
This is a good thing.

ok cool glad it wasnt amp problem :)

i cant ever use the green channel, it just sounds boggy to me no matter how i adjust the eqs. though once the amp gets really loud the crunch at 5 on the gain is pretty wall pounding.