• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

DSL100HR Where are they????

• Thread starter Dominick Pascarella
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyo

Reaction score
I realize this thread is months old, but has anyone heard anything yet??
I ordered a DSL 100HR head back in May?? My prominent Marshall (and Gibson) dealer had already ordered some a few months earlier and hadn't received them yet. I "heard" that the company that was making the DSL printed circuit boards is no longer, for whatever reason, and Marshall has to contract with a different company. Seems crazy the head are so hard to get, and that its taking this long to get them back in stock.

If that’s the case I wonder if Dual Super Leads could be manufactured elsewhere……….I’ve heard there’s a pretty good amplifier production facility in Bletchley, Milton Keynes……….

Reaction score
If that’s the case I wonder if Dual Super Leads could be manufactured elsewhere……….I’ve heard there’s a pretty good amplifier production facility in Bletchley, Milton Keynes……….
Exactly!! What is Marshall's reasoning for having the DSL's produced in Vietnam? Just lower labor costs so they can sell them at a lower price point?
I specifically snatched up a mint used 1960 A Lead cab from my dealer because of the price, the fancier jack plate/input options, and mostly because its was made in Bletchley, Milton Keynes!!!

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Sure just cut the employees pay down to 20 percent of their current wages. That'll go over swell...

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
I realize this thread is months old, but has anyone heard anything yet??
I ordered a DSL 100HR head back in May?? My prominent Marshall (and Gibson) dealer had already ordered some a few months earlier and hadn't received them yet. I "heard" that the company that was making the DSL printed circuit boards is no longer, for whatever reason, and Marshall has to contract with a different company. Seems crazy the head are so hard to get, and that its taking this long to get them back in stock.
Who knows when they’ll be available,…

I was checking on them and I noticed they are no longer selling for $1050.00. Up $300 from what it cost a little a year and a half, or two years ago, ($750). Now, MF, Sweetwater and Zzounds, all have it for sale at $1200!

That’s a $450 increase in 2 years or less.

Same deal with the Studio amps, currently $1750 for the heads, that’s an increase of $450 from 2 years ago when they were $1300.

But for some reason the Studios are not out of stock anywhere I looked, maybe it’s the England or Vietnam production issue that was mentioned earlier.

Did you lock-in your price when you ordered it?

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
If someone is really anxious, they should just buy used from some big online retailer. They're currently going for 5 to 700 dollars US, both the H and the hR. The non R models are reliable amps so I see no need to buy new just for a warranty. Not so sure about the R models but I've heard they're reliable.

I got lucky about a year ago and got a couple that were MINT from musicians friend that were listed as good condition.

By the time the hR is back in stock they'll probably be $1500 for all we know. Get a used one now for half or a third of the price before it's too late.

Reaction score
Now a dealer has said it will most likely be November until the DSL's arrive. That's a six month wait!! I hope like heck they are built to the same high standards and don't have issues!! I guess it gives me more time to find a 1960 B Lead cabinet to match the top/ angles "A" I already picked up.

Troy T. Blues

Reaction score
I

Who knows when they’ll be available,…

I was checking on them and I noticed they are no longer selling for $1050.00. Up $300 from what it cost a little a year and a half, or two years ago, ($750). Now, MF, Sweetwater and Zzounds, all have it for sale at $1200!

That’s a $450 increase in 2 years or less.

Same deal with the Studio amps, currently $1750 for the heads, that’s an increase of $450 from 2 years ago when they were $1300.

But for some reason the Studios are not out of stock anywhere I looked, maybe it’s the England or Vietnam production issue that was mentioned earlier.

Did you lock-in your price when you ordered it?

Wow! Unreal! I bought my 40CR and 100HR in 2018-2019 for just over $700. I can't believe what I'm seeing now.

Apparently, the long backorder is because they can't get certain parts?

Reaction score
That's what it sounds like. Seems like a different company to make the circuit boards, but I haven't heard that from Marshall. Do the DSL100HR heads come with Sovtek tubes???

Reaction score
Here is a portion of the reply I received from the store sales rep I had emailed with the same question.

"I do know that Marshall has no plans to discontinue any of the line at this time. FYI current ETA I am seeing for the DSL100HR is November".
That is not coming from the actual dealer I ordered my amp through.
Hard to believe Marshall can't get parts to assemble the DSL line. It doesn't seem like dealers are running short on the other Marshall heads. But maybe they are. I'm mainly interested in the DSL because that's what I ordered.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
……….. I hope like heck they are built to the same high standards and don't have issues!! ……….
This is a real concern I think.

It seems many products that have been manufactured post-Covid, not only cost more because of inflation, but they can also be physically smaller or more cheaply made too!

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
I guess the solution would be to buy used.

I seen the 100 on Sweetwater site as noted above for $1200. At that price, I'd probably look again into other options...probably used.

Maybe for slightly more.. used Jubilee reissue or 5150iii 50w.

LCW

Reaction score
Between FB marketplace and Reverb... looks like one should easily be able to get a used one between $750-900...