Dsl1hr

• Thread starter Samy_Sixstring
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bridge500t

Reaction score
I just ordered some Mullards for mine. Not sure is i want to put them in yet, but i dont have any spares ant thought it would be a good idea. Have you tried mullareds in yours yet.
I have not tried Mullards but might be an idea. I might try a Tung Sol today if I get ambition to get off the couch.

BowerR64

Reaction score
Is the DSL1 the same as the other little 1 watt heads they released a few years ago? same size?

Ide like to see it next to the other 1 watt marshall heads

woodsyowl

Reaction score
Ide like to see it next to the other 1 watt marshall heads[/QUOTE]

check out the last video on page 3 of this thread. they do just that dsl1hr vs 2012 50th anniversary.

Cheers!

Samy_Sixstring

Reaction score
Is the DSL1 the same as the other little 1 watt heads they released a few years ago?

Well now I don't think so. Those had three preamp tubes in the preamp section and two preamp tubes in the power section. But they were three times as expensive. In Michaels comparison video I actually prefer some of the tones from the new dsl1 over the pricey 50th. Would love to see Michael Reamp his metal composition through our new little friend. Are you reading this Michael?

And I have to say I am falling in love with mine. It just seems to get better. Tried a little delay in the effects loop along with some reverb from the amp. Just kinda get lost in time and space. Nirvana.

Last edited:

Tagedieb

Reaction score
Does anyone know which preamp tube is affecting classic and/or ultra gain channel?

Is it possible to try a 12au valve to get a bit less gain in ultra gain channel?

bridge500t

Reaction score
so I was going to run the head through my Marshall 1936 cab and just realized that it is 8 ohms mono to run both speakers, I'm guessing to run the head through both speakers at the 8ohm level is not a good idea. I've never tried to run different ohms. Any thoughts on this or am I stuck running it with just one speaker in the cab?

oldmanrockin

Reaction score
Yea, i have the same problem. You have to have 2 8ohm wired to 16 to use 2x12. Or 4x12 16 ohm. All mine are 16 ohm speakers so i cant run 2x12.

oldmanrockin

Reaction score
When you use the emulated out the manual says you have to disconnect the speaker. That defeats the purpose of the line out to FOH if you cant hear the speaker. Is this correct?

Tagedieb

Reaction score
I am surprised how loud it is.
When I go above 9 o'clock my wife gets annoyed. Even at the 0.1 setting.

Samy_Sixstring

Reaction score
Is it possible to try a 12au7 valve to get a bit less gain in ultra gain channel?

You might try a 5751 or 12at7 in v1 to tame some of the gain. Or an unbalanced 12ax7 in the right direction? With this little amp I would assume:

v1a=classic gain and then +v1b=ultra gain
v2 =phase inverter
v3 =power push/pull

Last edited:

Samy_Sixstring

Reaction score
I got lucky on speaker boxes. Both my 1x12 are 16 ohm. I like the amp to push harder.

So 2x12 has to be 8 ohm wired in series to 16 ohm. My next acquisition. ;)

jimmy3711

Reaction score
What is anyone using for speaker cabs for the DSL1? I see that the MX112 is not offered anymore. I was thinking of getting that cab and sticking a Greenback in it.

bridge500t

Reaction score
What is anyone using for speaker cabs for the DSL1? I see that the MX112 is not offered anymore. I was thinking of getting that cab and sticking a Greenback in it.
I'm using either my DSl40 or my 1936 2x12. I changed the speakers so I could run it at 16ohms.

Samy_Sixstring

Reaction score

Screamer61

Reaction score

I think the MX112 should restock soon, but imo i believe there are cabs with better stock speakers on the market.

I'm waiting for a Marshall 1912 1x12 to come in, that i found for a good price used, then swap out the speaker for a Celestion G12T-75 :). Can't wait to hear the tones once everything comes into play.

Last edited:

slagg

Reaction score
Ordered the combo.was out for delivery today(home all day today) .Fedx delivered it somewere but not to me.WTF!! Now I have to figure out what Sweetwater is gonna do about it. First online gear purchase run a muck what the fuck!

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Ordered the combo.was out for delivery today(home all day today) .Fedx delivered it somewere but not to me.WTF!! Now I have to figure out what Sweetwater is gonna do about it. First online gear purchase run a muck what the fuck!

^ lol

They give you a tracking number. Where did it get delivered to?