Eddie Van Halen Tribute Les Paul (FrankenPaul)

• Thread starter willwallner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scott-colorado2016

Reaction score
Great playing! Awesome paint job on the Les Paul, looks sooo cool! For me, though, it does look strange on a Les Paul... like a window in a closet door. It fits a S-type shape better to me. I've got a light blue S-type guitar that I'm going to paint stripes on, just not sure what style/color the stripes are going to be yet.

Ramo

Reaction score
Hey!

I used to post frequently on this forum a while back and wanted to rejoin the community! I took a break from playing guitar but this year rediscovered my passion for music. Recently I completed a project to create an Eddie Van Halen Tribute Les Paul. I was a big Eddie fan but as a Les Paul player never wanted to buy a frankenstrat so I created my own 'frankenpaul'.

The design is a variation of the ‘5150’ stripe design. It has a set of Bareknuckle ‘VHII’ pickups installed. Let me know what you think!

IMG_4677-1024x768.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

I recorded an attempt at playing Eruption so you can hear how it sounds. This is going into a Marshall JCM 800:

man you sound great, killer chops and Lp looks sick. well we all know jcm 800 kicks booty so no comment there.

SuperFleeky

Reaction score
You totally did it justice! Killer looking paint job, and your playing is outstanding. I've been playing Eruption on Les Pauls, too, but you NAILDED it! I've heard a number of guys attempt Eruption, but minus the trem dives, yours is the truest I've every heard to the recording. You did it better than I've ever heard Eddie do it live! Just wow!

willwallner

Reaction score
Willwallner,What is your gear set up
For this video, its just the Les Paul going to a MXR phase and Ibanez tubescreamer, both of those are 'mini' pedals. This goes into a 50 watt JCM 800. The cab is close mic'd 2x12 with Shure SM 57 inside of an iso box. The audio is recorded in Logic, where I just added some reverb. Cheers!

willwallner

Reaction score
I don't post much if ever.........That is some very impressive playing, and you really captured the tone on this.

If you ever sell that LP, I want to be first in line! Can you put up some more videos?
Haha! Make me an offer lol, I have a lot more videos on my instagram, I will start uploading them to youtube so I can share them here, cheers!

cscoios

Reaction score
Hey Will, great to see you playing again. I've always been a big fan of your playing, following you and Vain; awesome duo! If you guys think Eruption is good, get on youtube and do a search of Will shredding Crying in the Rain on a Les Paul as well..... a masterpiece. Good to see you back man! Here is a link

willwallner

Reaction score
Hey Will, great to see you playing again. I've always been a big fan of your playing, following you and Vain; awesome duo! If you guys think Eruption is good, get on youtube and do a search of Will shredding Crying in the Rain on a Les Paul as well..... a masterpiece. Good to see you back man! Here is a link

Woah! thanks! Yeah thats a very old video lol, thanks for supporting my music, cheers

Gene 689

Reaction score
Eruption on a Les Paul? No whammy Bar??.....this i had to see........WOW! That was AWSOME!! Guitar looks fantastic and I loved what you did with the low E to simulate a whammy bar dive, it sounded great, you have some serious talent there my friend.
Rock on!
:applause: