• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Effect loop blues.

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
I recently sold my DSL 50 to get a jmp MKII.I like the sound better but I wasn't anticipating the different sound from my effects.DSL had a loop and thats what I ran delay/flange/chorus threw,sounded great.Now if I turn the mix up on the effects it drives the amp to hard and sounds horrible.I don't run effects all the time but sometimes it calls for something different.Any suggestions?Should I install an effects loop.Are there any good ones out there?IEffects are dd-3 delay,carbon comp,line 6 modulaion modeler.

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Yeah if you want it to sound good installing an effects loop would be the best way to go. Send Jon Wilder a message. He can hook you up. His user name is "Wilder Amplification"

It sounds like crap because the effects are going before the distortion rather than after (like in an effects loop)

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Well, place your modulation- or time- based FX after the mic if you are micing your amp.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
I will definetly look into the Wilder effects mod.As for putting the effects in at the mic source,that may be more complicated than I want.Exspecialy when there is limited amount of set up times between bands.

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
I will definetly look into the Wilder effects mod.As for putting the effects in at the mic source,that may be more complicated than I want.Exspecialy when there is limited amount of set up times between bands.

I've never done it myself, but I think you are right. Then forget about it. An fx loop won't be your solution as the biggest part of the OD won't come from your preamp but fro your power amp. If you still want a loop or another mod Check out Jon Wilder, Paolo or Joey.

Latest posts