Em Blues Track - Fender American Deluxe Strat Hss W/ Jcm 800 2203x

• Thread starter dptone5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dptone5

Reaction score
At a friends home studio messing around with a blues backing track. He is a sound engineer student in college and he wanted to record an electric guitar using an amp and a cabinet. He has a great ProTools set up and I was very impressed how quickly he navigated his way around. To record, we used two SM-57's, each about 0.5" off the grill.

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS. N3 Noiseless in neck and middle. EVH Wolfgang Bridge. Marshall JCM 800 2203X in Marshall 1936 with two 25 Watt Greenbacks. No overdrive pedal used until the last section of the track, where I kicked in the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 on using the bridge pickup and the S1 switch engaged.

Started with S1 switch not engaged, with the neck position and worked down to bridge position, changing at the end of each blues progression. After playing bridge pickup, switched back to the neck and engaged the S1 switch and worked way back to bridge. Played bridge twice at end, once straight into the JCM 800 and the last time adding the Fulltone as a boost.

This was a one take recording just for fun and to see how each pickup combination sounded. I really like the the way the 800 sounds without an OD pedal through Greenbacks. This was the first time I recorded with my 2 x 12.

Hope you enjoy the track my friends and any feedback will be appreciated!!

DP

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole gambit of pup positions sounded excellent.

Great jam D! Tasty play'n...tasty tone.

dptone5

Reaction score
Thanks Solarburn and Michael. Appreciate you listening!! I really love the Am Dlx!!

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
Great job DP. Love it big time. I have a similiar rig and plugging in as soon as everyone is awake in the house.

Bear R.

Reaction score
Man that sounds Great..You did an Incredible Good job on that..Your an Awsome Guitar Player DP..!!!.

Keep 'em Coming Buddy..

dptone5

Reaction score
Thanks for listening Deep Purple Fan and Bear!! Appreciate the kind words.

Deep Purple Fan - do you have a 2203x as well? What else are you playing through?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
At a friends home studio messing around with a blues backing track. He is a sound engineer student in college and he wanted to record an electric guitar using an amp and a cabinet. He has a great ProTools set up and I was very impressed how quickly he navigated his way around. To record, we used two SM-57's, each about 0.5" off the grill.

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS. N3 Noiseless in neck and middle. EVH Wolfgang Bridge. Marshall JCM 800 2203X in Marshall 1936 with two 25 Watt Greenbacks. No overdrive pedal used until the last section of the track, where I kicked in the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 on using the bridge pickup and the S1 switch engaged.

Started with S1 switch not engaged, with the neck position and worked down to bridge position, changing at the end of each blues progression. After playing bridge pickup, switched back to the neck and engaged the S1 switch and worked way back to bridge. Played bridge twice at end, once straight into the JCM 800 and the last time adding the Fulltone as a boost.

This was a one take recording just for fun and to see how each pickup combination sounded. I really like the the way the 800 sounds without an OD pedal through Greenbacks. This was the first time I recorded with my 2 x 12.

Hope you enjoy the track my friends and any feedback will be appreciated!!

DP

You play a 100 watt amp through a 50 watt cab often? Sounds good and all but how long will you get away with it? You might wanna pop 2 power tubes out if you continue doing this.

Derek S

Reaction score
Dug the whole thing! Great tones, especially like the throaty-ness and also the pick attack, great work!

dptone5

Reaction score
You play a 100 watt amp through a 50 watt cab often? Sounds good and all but how long will you get away with it? You might wanna pop 2 power tubes out if you continue doing this.

I don't do it often. I think the MV was around 3. Certainly wouldn't push it much beyond that. I just did another recording with my 4 x 12 and it came out better!!