Em Blues Track - Fender American Deluxe Strat Hss W/ Jcm 800 2203x

• Thread starter dptone5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JParry335

Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement with everything that's already been said! Great tones and really nice tasteful playing!
I love go for broke one takes. They may not be perfect and polished but a good player like you can pull it off with finesse and capture the real emotion.
Well done man!:applause:

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice DP.

I had some enjoyable pleasant minutes just listening to that.

I was tying to put names to all the players that you reminded me about.
Now I have Gilmore in one ear and and and Snowy White in the other.

As far as feedback goes...
I suppose a producer would say that some of the effects on the guitar are TOO much for an album recording or for radio.
But that's just a tweak for a mix that has a clear destination.

(Sometimes I put on a producer's hat - I don't even want to, I don't even know anything about that.)

dptone5

Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement with everything that's already been said! Great tones and really nice tasteful playing!
I love go for broke one takes. They may not be perfect and polished but a good player like you can pull it off with finesse and capture the real emotion.
Well done man!:applause:

Thanks JParry. I agree with you. Love the one take recordings. It was fun and a few of things came out much better than I expected! LOL Appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

dptone5

Reaction score
That was pretty bad ass DP. Enough so, it peaked the interest of my two office neighbors who got up to see what I was listening to.

:applause:

Whoa!! Ghostman.....that made my night my friend!! Thanks for listening and letting me know!

dptone5

Reaction score
Sounds nice DP.

I had some enjoyable pleasant minutes just listening to that.

I was tying to put names to all the players that you reminded me about.
Now I have Gilmore in one ear and and and Snowy White in the other.

As far as feedback goes...
I suppose a producer would say that some of the effects on the guitar are TOO much for an album recording or for radio.
But that's just a tweak for a mix that has a clear destination.

(Sometimes I put on a producer's hat - I don't even want to, I don't even know anything about that.)

Wow and thank you Tubes! Appreciate the constructive feedback!! Yes, we are in complete agreement with you. The delay and reverb is pretty strong.

This young man came over to my place before he returned to college. We did another one take recording on my MacBook Pro and Logic Pro X. He taught me a few things and did a great job mixing it. Actually toned down the delay and reverb and it sounds great. I need to finish it up and post it as a comparison. I hope to do that this weekend.

I didn't play it as well at my place though....that is the fun thing about improvising blues. Sometimes you just have the right vibe and feeling and other times, it just isn't there.

I've been a rock player for years but at 50, I am really starting to dig the blues. Especially a Strat with a Marshall!

DP