Epiphone Les Paul Std Mod + Marshall Jcm 800 2204. Do you like the tone?

do you like de tone???

• yes

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Old Punker

Reaction score
That sounds f@#k'in awesome man! Nice playing too. :applause:

Certainly a lot different from a stock Gibson pickup, which I also like. I have wondered what one of those would sound like in a LP. I have the JB in my Jackson RR1 bridge and I'm really happy with it. It took me a while to dial in right since I was used to the Gibby's.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
That sounds great!

I like the pairing of the JB and the alnico 2: the aggressiveness of the tone isn't lost during the transition. Also, the pickups are a good pairing with that Marshall. Overall, I think you made a wise decision. Look forward to more clips (great recording, too; the sound quality is fantastic).

sectado

Reaction score
It's not what I go for, but for that style of music, yes, I think it sounds great. Sounds like Zakk Wylde with that wah.

Great playing.

Thanks maaaan!!! thats zw all the way!! @Leonard Neemoil

whats not to like? eq in the loop? love the pup too by the way.

hahaha Thankssss!!! @ricksdisconnected

Sounds like a heavy battalion of tone.
Nice playing by the way

Love to hear that!!! @Mitchell Pearrow

I like it but there is too much gain for me. Too metal. Mine is similar, but dialed back for some vintage rock vibe ...

Thats a nice tone mann but we wanted more gain from the amp!!! thanks!! @Sapient

Hey, what wah is that btw?

Thats a Dunlop Cry Baby GBC 95!! @Leonard Neemoil

Playing and tone great.

Niceeee @purpleplexi thanks!!

Sounds great to me! Great playing too!

Thank you!!! @Troy T. Blues
We are from Argentina! Guitarplayer: Joan Paul Berthi and Audioengineer: Mariano Alvarez Cedro (me)

Sounds great.
How would someone not love Marshall + LP.

hahaha i think the same mate!!! @Del Rei

That sounds f@#k'in awesome man! Nice playing too. :applause:

Certainly a lot different from a stock Gibson pickup, which I also like. I have wondered what one of those would sound like in a LP. I have the JB in my Jackson RR1 bridge and I'm really happy with it. It took me a while to dial in right since I was used to the Gibby's.

Its gonna be awsome!! try it!!! thanks!!! @Old Punker

That sounds great!

I like the pairing of the JB and the alnico 2: the aggressiveness of the tone isn't lost during the transition. Also, the pickups are a good pairing with that Marshall. Overall, I think you made a wise decision. Look forward to more clips (great recording, too; the sound quality is fantastic).

Thank u sooo much!!! I am the Audioengineer!! @MonstersOfTheMidway

Yeah, sounds good! Keep on crankin' man!

Love u man!!! @Rocktane

jeffb

Reaction score
JB in any style Gibson instrument (and then some wah on top) is an instant "No" for me. Too much mud in the high mids unless all you do is play single notes on the plain strings.

Kudos on the playing.

Last edited: