fav amp you own

• Thread starter ricksdisconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive vibes ricksdisconnected! I have a plan for a better light up system on future builds though this one mostly works fine. The LED's are pretty close to the power tubes and one or two will invariably blow out due to heat and it will take a whole string down. If I replace it, then it is fine for awhile again until it gets too hot. I used the Bogen layout and the power tubes aren't in the best place and are too close to the front of the amp. I need to put a small fan in there to solve it. Future ones will use a different layout. I've had a bunch of local people ask me to build more, so one of these days I plan to if I can find the time. :)

Greg
your welcome greg.
they need to cange colors with the channel switching lol.
i dont know if anybody does that yet but would be cool.
blue for clean. green for gain. red for high gain.
add ace frehley smoke bomb for ultra high gain shred lol.
ok kidding about the ace part but the rest would rip for the viewers.

Rocktane

Reaction score
Down to two amps and one is a 100W Marshall. This leaves the THR-10X. That's all I got.

Blackstar HT-5R stack, BFG mod Jet City 22H, and 50W EVH all gone.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Down to two amps and one is a 100W Marshall. This leaves the THR-10X. That's all I got.

Blackstar HT-5R stack, BFG mod Jet City 22H, and 50W EVH all gone.
i have the ht 1R head. its a badass amp. soooo different than the combo its not funny.
very different animals.

Macheleon

Reaction score
2x Ceriatone 20W Son Of Yeti. Hot rodded "plexi", won't do every single thing in the world but still super versatile. I can run the two power amp sections in stereo and switch between preamps as needed.

Using just the preamps and running them into cab simulators also works amazingly well in the studio

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got a Couple of Peavey Classics, one is a 30W combo and the other a 50W head with a 4X10" cab. The 30W sounds great! But the 50W has enough options you can get about any tone you want including a high gain Metal tone if desired. I have a Cheap 15W Monoprice, single channel with a effects loop that may be the best of all my amps including the Marshall I have that has more hiss and noise than the others at 2 to 5 times the cost. The Marshall doesnt respond well to pedals on the Clean channel and the Boosted Channel is so noisy it sucks and not pedal friendly at all.
I have one of those 15 watt Monoprice combos too. Great grab and go jam amp. Little boxy sounding due to cab size but yeah...it sounds great!

George Jetson

Reaction score
My Phaez Nailbomb. If I could only have one amp this would be the one.

View attachment 107106

I asked Randy for a 20w 6L6 Mesa Dual Rec with a loop. Randy said it's closer to 35w and the Dual Rec is the same as a Soldano. It sounds good with every guitar, speaker, cab, pedal or pickup I throw at it. Hands down the best amp I have ever played.
It’s funny you mention Phaez; I only have 2 with the standard faceplate and one is a Duophonic. White head with black controls, it’s a wonderful amp. I’ll have to look up my cheat sheet for my other ones because they all have weird personal names on the faceplate. Tansei, Snowfox, Bushido, etc. After the move, they’re all still in storage. Here’s a pic with it stacked underneath the SIBLY.776FF040-132C-411A-82C6-5432AA16A7DD.jpeg

George Jetson

Reaction score
Even though I haven’t played it for a while, I’d have to throw my 65 Amps Empire into the mix too. Why did I buy it and like it, when I already had a herd of Marshall Amps? Lower wattage and good versatility of different Marshall-esque tones. From Plexi to Superlead, I could really dial it in on that head. Driving one or both 1x12” cabs on the bottom it got plenty loud for even larger venues. Those Avatar cabs are loaded with British-made V30’s.4B5C10AF-7211-4FB0-9F18-628C06110128.jpeg

Deftone

Reaction score
It’s funny you mention Phaez; I only have 2 with the standard faceplate and one is a Duophonic. White head with black controls, it’s a wonderful amp. I’ll have to look up my cheat sheet for my other ones because they all have weird personal names on the faceplate. Tansei, Snowfox, Bushido, etc. After the move, they’re all still in storage. Here’s a pic with it stacked underneath the SIBLY.
If you order something custom from Randy, he asks you what you want to call it and he has it engraved on the faceplate. I think SIBLY (Since I've Been Loving You) and DUOPHONIC were his own creations. His original creation was the "DAISYCUTTER" a 14w plexi style. I had one, should have kept it.

I currently have a 10w Jubenile (Jubillee) and an 8w Daisycutter....

20200919_140646a.jpg

George Jetson

Reaction score
If you order something custom from Randy, he asks you what you want to call it and he has it engraved on the faceplate. I think SIBLY (Since I've Been Loving You) and DUOPHONIC were his own creations. His original creation was the "DAISYCUTTER" a 14w plexi style. I had one, should have kept it.

I currently have a 10w Jubenile (Jubillee) and an 8w Daisycutter....

View attachment 107408
He’s the only one I know of that lets you make up your own names for his amps. He even sent me logos so I could paint them to match my headshells. He is THE low-power amp guru in my books.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
it would be a tough decision between my ‘67 Vibrolux Reverb and my ‘68 Super Reverb. Both amps are black-line (BF circuit) and are drip-edge amps. Both amps are roughly 35 watts and 6L6 powered.

The Super gets more play-time, so it may have a slight edge.

B7D082C5-5F2D-4DCB-BA8B-B90B0E759DC7.jpeg
D4AA854B-0F3A-4248-A322-B37E457C54D0.jpeg

rocker43

Reaction score
My favorite is my EVH 111 el34. It has been modded with the Kruze supersonic mod and a power scaling mod. Unfortunatley i have not had many chances to turn it up since the band split up right after i ordered it.EVH kruze.jpg