Favorite Strat designs

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredless

Reaction score
I prefer the superstrat varieties, least amount of pickups and knobs
and a floyd rose

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of my old lone star strat. Teal green metallic, maple neck with white tortise pickguard. PG hb in the bridge and texas speical sc's in mid and neck. I actually played more on the texas specials than the PG hb.

0WrSSXH.jpg

I sold that one but I suppose my fave strat design would be a plain old sunburst with good sc's in it. I've played so many years with a hb in the bridge strat, (my shit strat) I've gone back to the basics. My only good strat now is a deluxe with 3 sc's and the S3 system. I hardly use the boost switch on it. I spoiled myself playing some choice vintage strats so I'm gonna go that route on them for my next strat. Only years i've not played yet are a 54 and 55.

I love the color of that Catostraster!

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Sierra sunburst color. I do kinda wish I held out for the Deluxe though.

vinsanitizer-albums-stuffs-picture9203-american-standard-strat-2012-seienna-burst.jpg

JohnH

Reaction score
I've got a thing for black on 3xSunburst. I had that on my first electric guitar which I got when I was 18, and I still have it 35 years later. So when I saw this on the HSS Strat that I was looking for last year, I knew that she would be mine:

1976 Shergold Masquerader:
JohnH2.jpg

2010 American Special:
30aa49af-a3d8-4927-ae30-eb4e767e79e6_zpse4df15d9.jpg

BlackSG91

Reaction score
This is my '98 American Standard I bought back in 2005 at a pawnshop for about over a $1,000 (w/ tax and a hard shell Fender case). I've seen this guitar late at night through the window behind the counter hanging on the wall. I thought it was a black guitar and I looked carefully to make sure. The next day I walked into the store for the intent of buying it, but when I saw that it wasn't black, but this very dark wine metallic purple, I thought what the hell, close enough. I just love this colour now. I even went as far to soak the pickup covers, the 5-way switch tip, control knobs, & vibrato arm tip all in a big mug of strong coffee overnight for that vintage creme look and now I just love how it turned out since.;)

blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9040-img164.jpg
blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9039-img108.jpg

blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9042-img287.jpg
blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9043-img339.jpg

BlackSG91

Reaction score
What??? You payed $1,000 for a '98 Standard in 2005... at a pawn shop?

It was if I remember $899 + tax and a hard shell Fender case included!:wave: It has the neck tilt adjustment on the back also. It was set up beautifully when I took it home that day. It played like a dream so I might have paid a bit too much, but I feel it was well worth it. The pickups sound perfect in this guitar.;)

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
It was if I remember $899 + tax and a hard shell Fender case included!:wave: It has the neck tilt adjustment on the back also. It was set up beautifully when I took it home that day. It played like a dream so I might have paid a bit too much, but I feel it was well worth it. The pickups sound perfect in this guitar.;)

Well, ok then. I guess if it was really that good, it's ok. :yesway:

Rozman62

Reaction score
Ya-sorry for the excessive pic posting but I think the pic is cool. Next 2 strats are black tuxedo and surf green with rosewood however a Gibson 335 is next up.

wolf5150

Reaction score
What colour is that blue Strat ?
Any chance of a better pic ?
I've got a Warmoth body on order and can't decide on a colour.... that might be it.

brp

Reaction score
lol
Never pay sticker at Pawn Shops. Ever.
Or music stores for that matter.

I like natural finish Strats the most I'd say, and that will be my next one, with black hardware and a maple board.

Can't find a maple board pic w/ black h/w but ya:
NatStratBG.jpg

Also, big CBS headstocks.

poeman33

Reaction score
What??? You payed $1,000 for a '98 Standard in 2005... at a pawn shop?

It really depends on where you live. Pawn shops around here rarely get American Strats, and when they do, they go for a premium price. They have a 2007 deluxe for sale now and it's 1100 plus tax. It's not even stock. The description they have is pulled from the current Fender website, so they don't even describe it right. When my wife was in France she went into a music shop that sold Fenders and took pictures of the prices for laughs. She said we should be going to France and I bring my Strats...sell them...and we retire off the profits. The prices were crazy for American Strats.