Feds told Gibson to leave U.S.

• Thread starter kramer.geetar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Are you familiar with Jeremy Clarkson LFH?. If there was anyone who sums up the way I feel about most (not all) things it's him. :)

I have not. But if you post a few links that sum it up for you I will watch/read them.

I like Nigel too. He speaks the truth about the EU. But he is in the minority.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gm9q8uabTs]'Who the Hell You Think You Are?' Nigel Farage throws egg in Eurocrat faces - YouTube[/ame]

Salsg

Reaction score
Is that why the Obama Administration extended the Bush TAX CUTS? :rolleyes:

It pained him to do so, he was unwilling, but it was the only way he was going to get some other things he wanted. In the end, it was one of the few wins for the American people.

GuN'R

Reaction score
I am not sure what business our government has in telling Gibson what to do (unless they really broke a U.S. law). Sounds like political browbashing BS to me.

Note: Not a big Gibson fan. I just sold my Gibson (a mediocre guitar if I ever played one) to buy a vintage MIJ LP....way happier.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I am not sure what business our government has in telling Gibson what to do (unless they really broke a U.S. law). Sounds like political browbashing BS to me.

Note: Not a big Gibson fan. I just sold my Gibson (a mediocre guitar if I ever played one) to buy a vintage MIJ LP....way happier.

What did you get?

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
haha! good stuff!

It's a 50th anniversary Version 2 reissue 1960. Thanks for liking it! you got a pic of yours?

Ok, here you go. Like I said, I've had it since January, but this is the first time I've shared them with anyone on the internet (not all of us buy an LP to show it off ... I like to play mine). Like you, I wish my pictures would do the guitar justice ... doesn't really capture it as well as I'd have liked. Still, it feels and sounds incredible.

Oh, and in case someone from the government is reading, the flooring is bamboo, which is not only environmentally friendly, but one of the very best examples of a sustainable resource. I respectfully request that you do not come to my home to confiscate my floor. Thank you. :eek:

IMG_0943-1.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

rjohns1

Reaction score
Are you familiar with Jeremy Clarkson LFH?. If there was anyone who sums up the way I feel about most (not all) things it's him. :)

Big Top Gear Fan here. He has some interesting viewpoints, and he is hilarious.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Ok, here you go. Like I said, I've had it since January, but this is the first time I've shared them with anyone on the internet (not all of us buy an LP to show it off ... I like to play mine). Like you, I wish my pictures would do the guitar justice ... doesn't really capture it as well as I'd have liked. Still, it feels and sounds incredible.

Oh, and in case someone from the government is reading, the flooring is bamboo, which is not only environmentally friendly, but one of the very best examples of a sustainable resource. I respectfully request that you do not come to my home to confiscate my floor. Thank you. :eek:

IMG_0943-1.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Very nice CRS!

Love the post too. :lol::lol:

GuN'R

Reaction score
Oh sweet! Allow me to tell..

I acquired a 1978 Greco EG700. OK maybe 1978 isn't "vintage" to everyone, but it is slightly older than me, so that makes it vintage to me. Anywho, it has a two piece maple cap (no vaneer), fret edge binding, Maxon pickups that sound wonderful through any of my gear. She's built like a Norlin, so she's heavy but LP's aren't for limp built fuckers anyway. This guitar is truly a part of me when I pick it up. I felt bad selling my Gibby, but it really wasn't that great of a guitar and I feel I did right by getting this old Greco and I am very happy with it. Good tone and a guitar that suits you from an LP does not mean a $3K plus investment. Here's what it looks like:

6010061243_042deeb7c3.jpg

6010064985_319ea2b4c2.jpg

I don't exactly harbor any negative feelings towards Gibson, I realize their target market is not in budding musicians or potential bar rockers like me, but I don't think people should feel like they need to pay their prices to get an awesome LP.

Sorry I've derailed the thread for a minute, but I fucken love both of my LP's.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I got this a few months ago. Its a 1996 Standard plain top. $1400 from GC.

longfxukxnhair-albums-guitars-picture4733-standard.jpg

That's a nice looking LP, LFH ... plain tops are my favorite. The fretboard looks beautiful as well (can you source that? haha)!

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
That's a nice looking LP, LFH ... plain tops are my favorite. The fretboard looks beautiful as well (can you source that? haha)!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks CRS

Once upon a time I loved the flamed tops. Not so much now. This is my first plain top and I love the looks of it. Im with you on plain tops. Im thinking of swapping out pickups on it. But Im such a purest.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Oh sweet! Allow me to tell..

I acquired a 1978 Greco EG700. OK maybe 1978 isn't "vintage" to everyone, but it is slightly older than me, so that makes it vintage to me. Anywho, it has a two piece maple cap (no vaneer), fret edge binding, Maxon pickups that sound wonderful through any of my gear. She's built like a Norlin, so she's heavy but LP's aren't for limp built fuckers anyway. This guitar is truly a part of me when I pick it up. I felt bad selling my Gibby, but it really wasn't that great of a guitar and I feel I did right by getting this old Greco and I am very happy with it. Good tone and a guitar that suits you from an LP does not mean a $3K plus investment. Here's what it looks like:

6010061243_042deeb7c3.jpg

6010064985_319ea2b4c2.jpg

I don't exactly harbor any negative feelings towards Gibson, I realize their target market is not in budding musicians or potential bar rockers like me, but I don't think people should feel like they need to pay their prices to get an awesome LP.

Sorry I've derailed the thread for a minute, but I fucken love both of my LP's.

Thats a great finish!

Latest posts