flu shots again.

• Thread starter scat7s
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Teryn

Reaction score
Neato! Haven't had a flu shot since I was... ah snap, I can't recall :scratch:
I'm forbidden to have them, by my doctor. Yep. Forbidden. I'm on immune suppressants, so were I to have the shot... I'd probably die :applause:

:squint:

:ugh:

(Edit) Remember the big Swine Flu scare? What was it... 2009? Yeah. That's the last time I had the flu.

mcblink

Reaction score
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but no way am I taking a flu shot.
I haven't had the flu since 2001.

I was but a child the last one I had.

Hey being a conspiracy theorist isn't always bad. I keep myself entertained quite often this way.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Got mine last month during my annual physical, all is great, I love flue shots!

Bigmuff

Reaction score
Interesting. Makes some sense from a scientific point of view. I work in a hospital, and have to get the flu shot every year. No issues so far, and I haven't gotten the flu in ages. Now if there was only a vaccine against the common cold...

Las Palmas Norte

Reaction score
Hadn't had one ever. I got the flu real bad back in '95, so last year recalling the horrible episode, I opted for a flu shot. Turns out they had the vaccine wrong and was only partly effective.
I'm likely to get one this year and the company I work for will pay the cost.

PU239

Reaction score
I never put that government crap in my body. 10 years from now people will drop dead because latency in some active virus has bloomed. The flu is nothing a little sleep and some quality brandy won't fix.

A friend of mine got their flu shot last week and this week has been sick as a dog. I just don't trust government.

Jaymz E

Reaction score
I never put that government crap in my body. 10 years from now people will drop dead because latency in some active virus has bloomed. The flu is nothing a little sleep and some quality brandy won't fix.

A friend of mine got their flu shot last week and this week has been sick as a dog. I just don't trust government.

:yesway:

Teryn

Reaction score
I... honestly, don't really get it. A dear friend of mine is a nurse and works in Gastroenterology. He has to have his shots every year (obviously)... but he said the Vaccine they give, isn't even the same strain as the Influenza that's circulating. So, he gets sick for a week from the shot, building up an immunity to that bug, which no one actually has or carries... and then he gets the other flu afterwards, anyways. Down for two weeks straight. Every year :scratch: so, in total, you get sick to prevent yourself from... getting sick... what? Have I missed something?

But, I've already stated in another Thread that I'm not exactly a rocket scientist :lol: I always just stay hydrated. The body's like a toilet, is what I always say. It aint' gonna flush if it aint got water.

That was my best country hick impersonation, which I generally try to utilize when I say it. :cool:

mcblink

Reaction score
I... honestly, don't really get it. A dear friend of mine is a nurse and works in Gastroenterology. He has to have his shots every year (obviously)... but he said the Vaccine they give, isn't even the same strain as the Influenza that's circulating. So, he gets sick for a week from the shot, building up an immunity to that bug, which no one actually has or carries... and then he gets the other flu afterwards, anyways. Down for two weeks straight. Every year :scratch: so, in total, you get sick to prevent yourself from... getting sick... what? Have I missed something?

But, I've already stated in another Thread that I'm not exactly a rocket scientist :lol: I always just stay hydrated. The body's like a toilet, is what I always say. It aint' gonna flush if it aint got water.

That was my best country hick impersonation, which I generally try to utilize when I say it. :cool:

That's because once a person catches a particular strain of the virus, they become immune to that specific strain once they've recovered from it. The virus mutates, and the person becomes vulnerable again.
The vaccine is made from the influenza virus itself, and they can't really vaccinate for a virus that doesn't yet exist. They inject a vaccine made from the strain that made everybody sick LAST time and hope it will protect against the new and improved mutated strain.
It makes very little sense.
Just like everything I just wrote lol

wakjob

Reaction score
I look forward to getting the flu every year.

Finally get some time away from work.
Loose some weight.
It's a good way to start a fast.
Purges the system.

Latest posts