• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Good Quality Low Priced Guitar Suggestions

• Thread starter chromeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chromeboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been in the mood to buy a new guitar. Now I own several guitars most cost anywhere from $800 to $2000 . I try to buy myself a new guitar at xmas each year or so but I don't have a lot of cash this time around. So I was wondering if you could make some suggestions. Now I own several ibby's but most are in the 1000 range except for one rg I bought used for like $300. So I have been looking at ibby's . I am looking for a fixed bridge preferably in a natural finish but in the $500 to $700 range. I have also been looking at Jackson and Epi's. If anyone has some suggestions I woukd appreciate it.

slide222

Reaction score
my vote goes to a Jackson , I have 4- 3 superstrats and a Kelly all very reliable and great to play , and all have jumbo frets which I love

zack603

Reaction score
I have an ltd ec-1000 that I absolutely love! that whole line is right around that price point....don't think they have any in natural though....

Notes69

Reaction score
Go For for the SG. A new Studio or preferably a used standard. You know you want it. Don't fight it anymore. Just get it. Thank me later! You're welcome! Merry Xmas

chromeboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I already have 3 lp style guitars 2 epi's and one ibby. Don't really like the explorer body shape so that is out. I do like ibbys and the S models have really fast necks. Still open to other brands though. I was lookinv at a Jackson slxt-q which comes in a natural vintage color and looks nice. It has the neck through body, 24 jumbo frets, shark fin inlays, and duncan designed pups. Not how good those are. It also is a string through the body guitar che k it out on misicians friend. let me know whag you guys think.

Penguinchit

Reaction score
Some of the reviews I've read knock the pickups and hardware. Would you want to upgrade those parts if you didn't like them? Then you're spending more...

On a related note, the G&L Tributes use the same pickups as their American counterparts.

NateSLC

Reaction score
I haven't pulled the trigger yet on any new guitars but I have had my eyes on Michael Kelly guitars for a while now. They have some very interesting pickup and wiring options and all of the guitars seem to be very well built, many come with bone nuts and other great components and the prices are amazing. If you haven't looked yet hit their website and check them out.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
Hagstrom ultra swede.
this thing will kill anything under $1,000 and then some.
found mine used at GC for $200. had to have it.
heavy like a les paul, but the neck is like an Ibanez 550.
each string is individually anchored to the guitar on both ends too.
killer sustain. I did put in better pots though. has phase switching
as well. stays in tune like a champ. the HSC is of better quality as well.
might do some pup swaps early next yr just to see what the guitar
can do. new pots, new pups, used guitar, still under $500 and will
put it up against anything under $1,000 with total confidence.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I already have 3 lp style guitars 2 epi's and one ibby. Don't really like the explorer body shape so that is out. I do like ibbys and the S models have really fast necks. Still open to other brands though. I was lookinv at a Jackson slxt-q which comes in a natural vintage color and looks nice. It has the neck through body, 24 jumbo frets, shark fin inlays, and duncan designed pups. Not how good those are. It also is a string through the body guitar che k it out on misicians friend. let me know whag you guys think.
You've mention "ibby" several times, no idea what that is.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Some good advice, when looking for a low priced guitar, always save a little longer and get something better. ;)