• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Good Quality Low Priced Guitar Suggestions

• Thread starter chromeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobLaQuinta

Reaction score
I've played a couple of MIC Telecasters that were priced at $200 and thought they played very nicely. Sounded good, too. I used to own an Epiphone Dot I paid about $370 for and loved it till it was stolen. A friend of mine used to buy Dots and upgrade the pickups with stock Gibsons and they sounded great!

ricksconnected

Reaction score
sterling is a good choice. I got one on the cheap. I bought it just to see how it sounded at home. GC 30 day type thing.
it never went back. changed the trem though. plays damn nice.

custom53

Reaction score
If you don't mind the country of origin, try a "Anthem" guitar.. They make a few different versions and I have yet to play one that wasn't Great..
I have never seen anyone sell them new.. The ones I have played were all used.. Unless there is a "Music Go Round" near by you.. They may sell them new..

Here is one of them on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anthem-Sing...262761?hash=item3f60b2afa9:g:b7sAAOSw-4BXbXOe

Some pictures..

https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...X&ved=0ahUKEwiZy77j2PnQAhXIBcAKHVUBCzIQsAQIVA

Music Go Round Locations..

http://www.musicgoroundcolumbus.com/?gclid=CKLNov7Y-dACFQgGaQodk-AL7g

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I think the natural is going to be the problem.. Finding something in that finish is tough..

However, if you're open to other finishes I would look into Schecter they make really nice stuff at a reasonable price.

Jackson has the pro series which is good but slightly over your budget.

Ibanez, I just got an RG1570 prestige which is an absolute masterpiece. I got it for $500 used. Personally, I would tell you to lean that way but that's just my opinion.

Oh, also.. LTD, very nice and priced well within your range both new and used. Anything 400 series or higher is going to be very good.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Used, Ibanez Roadstar 440. One of the best, most versatile guitars ive had. New, Squier CV Strat.

Gianni

Reaction score
I am looking for a fixed bridge preferably in a natural finish but in the $500 to $700 range. If anyone has some suggestions I woukd appreciate it.

Fixed bridge in a natural finish, with a twist - Carved swamp-ash body with a mahogany through neck. It may be $99 over your budget, but it is quite different to what you already have, with nice specs for its price, not to mention a hard case and even strap locks. (www.riffcityguitaroutlet.com/products/chapman-ml1-rs-rob-scallon-signature-guitar-with-gig-bag)

More photos here: www.thomann.de/gb/chapman_guitars_ml_1rs_rob_scallon.htm

ML1RS1.jpg

ML1RS2.jpg

oldtimer

Reaction score
Jackson slsmg, I have an 06' with the small shark teeth. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I also own a gibson SG 61 REissue, and 2014 LP custom lite.

chromeboy

Reaction score
Ibanez and jackson make quality lower priced guitars. Even if you upgrade pups and maybe hardware you are still paying much less than say a gibson or fender. Btw, the lower priced guitars from those two makers I have found to be pretty crappy. Seems they only pay real attention to their upper guitar lines. I could be wrong but I haven't found one that I would buy yet. The epi LP limited tradition pro has also caught my attention and even though I already have two epi pauls ( one custom classic pro and one prophecy gx which I like a lot ) I wouldn't mind another. The epi seems to be more bang for the buck with probably better stock pups but the jackson slxtq and the ibanez s621qm also look good. Not familiar with some of the other makers some of you have mentioned. If you can tell me where I might find one that I could actually try out I will do so. I don't like to buy without first playing.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
EVH Wolfgang standard , great guitar and well in your budget . A unique strat meets tele meets high output humbucker experience .

Bsthetech

Reaction score
Anything in the PRS SE line. Most are sub $800 and should be an even better deal after Boxing Day.

Latest posts