• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Hanging guitars on the wall by the headstock.

• Thread starter Feeling Supersonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
I'm currently doing it with my Acoustic and JEM with them.

The Hercules is what I have -

Hercules_GSP38WB_Guitar_Wall_Hanger.jpg

Does it harm the guitar? - I thought probably not considering shops hang $8,000 PRS's with them for a long time.

Anyone else using one too?

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
it probably only harms old Gibsons if the foam reacts w/ nitro,not sure about the new ones.

johnfv

Reaction score
I think Hercules is one of the few that it is pretty safe to trust. Search around and you can find lots of posts about issues with nitro finishes and various hangars and stands. Some of us learned the hard way, I put cotton socks over all my hangars.

The Hercules FAQ talks about nitro: http://www.herculesstands.com/faq.html

dptone5

Reaction score
Absolutely safe and the Hercules are awesome!! I have never had an issue.

I don't keep them there constantly, but over the weekend, if I'm doing a lot of playing, I'll get them out. Love the vibe it creates!

DP

IMG_4604.jpg

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
I use a Hercules wall mount myself, but the version with the metal back plate.

I also have a König & Meyer wall mount :
(works just as great, but I like it more because it hangs the guitar closer to the wall)
images

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
Nice collections! The only problem with owning so many guitars is that by the time you get around to playing one on the back row the strings are shot!

lowinput

Reaction score
Because the guitars are higher in the room they are surrounded by constant warm air and the strings never get any moisture on them, so they never rust!

I know of a gal who soaked a guys guitar case inside when he was playing the guitar and put it back before he stopped playing. after the show he put the guitar away and didn't notice the wet. when he pulled the guitar out of the case to use a week or two later every metal part was covered in rust!

be nice to those gals!

back to topic, don't hang mahog neck guitars! the wood is likely to crack, LP's are already weak at that neck join anyway.

RussBert

Reaction score
Because the guitars are higher in the room they are surrounded by constant warm air and the strings never get any moisture on them, so they never rust!

back to topic, don't hang mahog neck guitars! the wood is likely to crack, LP's are already weak at that neck join anyway.

:wtf:

The crazy things you read on the internet!

johnfv

Reaction score
I have String Swing hangers screwed into the wall studs...
That is the EXACT hanger that fucked up the neck area on my Guild Jumbo. I did leave it for a long time and it does get hot in Texas. I'm just saying... beware or learn the hard way. I now have cotton socks over all of them. Fool me once...

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score

I know of a gal who soaked a guys guitar case inside when he was playing the guitar and put it back before he stopped playing. after the show he put the guitar away and didn't notice the wet. when he pulled the guitar out of the case to use a week or two later every metal part was covered in rust!

be nice to those gals!

something smells like a D77 syndrome here.:rolleyes: