Hipshot Tremsetter

• Thread starter jc109
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jc109

Reaction score
Anyone use the Hipshot Tremsetter?
Reviews?

I found some info on this on the forum but no thread for it specifically.

I've been upgrading my Strats.
Calaham block and bridge (six screw bridge), locking tuners, and graphite nut.

Still goes out of tune a bit if I really wank on it.

Good excuse for a Floyd equipped Strat maybe………...

RG31

Reaction score
I have a '91 Strat + that came with one from the Fender. I have played this Strat with and without the Tremsetter and there is no noticeable difference with or with out. This Strat will hold tune like it was a hard tail.

Now granted, this has a Wilkinson Nut also factory installed, so this could also be the reason for this particular Strat holding tune so good.

JayCM800

Reaction score
I do! I have a Callaham and Tremsetter on my #1

Works for me. But it's still critical to string up and lubricate properly, if you don't, nothing will help you stay in tune.

Marshallhead

Reaction score
The only tuning problem a tremsetter cures is where the whole bridge is not returning to the zero point. If you're experiencing some strings going flat or sharp while others stay in tune it won't help you.

It's main purpose is to keep the bridge settled, so it won't move under string bending or palm muting.

wakjob

Reaction score
It not only stabilizes tuning, but it also improves over all tone somehow.

My strat got slightly louder/bolder/fuller sounding, with a bit more sustain too.

Relic61

Reaction score
I have one that I put on a 91 Gibson MIII which I had bought new. Here's the guitar.

relic61-albums-barrys-guitboxes-picture344-91-gibson-m-iii-deluxe-w-floyd-rose-trem-laminated-body-american-walnut-maple-poplar-glued-24-fret-maple-neck-w-shark-tooth-inlay-reverse-explorer-headstock-5-way-switch-w-mini-toggle-humbucker-single-coil-mode-selector-1-volume-1-tone.jpg

The Floyd had noticeable note dive on country styled double stop bends that really goy annoying after awhile. The Tremsetter tightened it right up & it played (&still does) like it was a hard tail.

There is also a new product called the Mag lok or Mag Lock which works using magnets.
mag-lok-installed.jpg

The Tremsetter also allows upward movement of the bar and I think the Mag Lok does too but I'm not 100 % right now. The Tremsetter added overall stiffness & tension to the trem, almost like adding a spring kind of feel. I'm thinking taking a spring off would compensate things back to original feel but I ended up liking mine the way it was. The only bitch I have is it requires a very small allen wrench to set the tension lock. That process & getting it right takes some trial & error learning & isn't the easiest. Sometimes changing all the strings at once can mess up this lock setting & it needs to be reset. I ended up leaving the back trem cover off my guitar becaue of the amount of times I need to access that allen screw lock mechanism.