How To Measure Amp Wattage?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Ok, I see that.
I wish the manuals indicated that. The main manual had nothing on power mode and the Iridium manual addendum had mention.
I find it whacky.

@paul-e-mann
Try out the directions and let us know how it works on your model/version.
Its there, whats not there is some kind of light or something to indicate what power mode youre in. I cranked it up and tried in both modes, the quieter mode is gonna be 50 watts, I just wanted to put a meter on it some how to verify...

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
All these post and......................

Why do you believe the amplifier does this?
It is not mentioned in the manual.
Where do you find it states this?

What @mickeydg5 said.

There's no mention of a half-power mode anywhere.
Its not in the user manual its in the supplementary manual called sound overlay (makes no sense they dont make these features obvious). But I knew about these features from watching videos. What bugs me is theres no indicator what watt mode youre in. Another thing that bugs me is theres no custom controls for the vintage channel.

yPoE6kR.jpg

Last edited:

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Its there, whats not there is some kind of light or something to indicate what power mode youre in. I cranked it up and tried in both modes, the quieter mode is gonna be 50 watts, I just wanted to put a meter on it some how to verify...
@johan.b indicated what to do in post #2. It is quick and easy.

Inject a constant note and measure VAC across your speaker lugs. Johan mentioned 50W level being about 2/3 of the 100W level. Theoretically it should be about 70.7% (.707).

When testing, I use a multimeter capable of capturing/holding readings at Min/Avg/Max for both voltage and current.

Still you will not know what state it is in unless it is just left in one mode. Otherwise you will have to check it while switching from one mode to another.