I brought home a blonde ;)

• Thread starter yladrd61
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eigentone

Reaction score
Nice! My VK came with P10Rs. I replaced them with G10 Golds. I liked the VK so much that I also grabbed its big brother, the Dual Professional. The reverb and trem on these amps is to die for.

eigentone

Reaction score
They also made these in Brownface and Blackface dress. Blonde is the best.

Phillip Whitelives

Reaction score
Be careful with those speakers. While they are one of the best sounding 10" speakers I've ever heard, they will get destroyed if you crank that amp through them.

I had a Vibrolux Custom that had two of those speakers from the factory. Blew them up the first timen I practiced bwith the band. Blew up their warranty replacements as well. I never like the Jensens that Fender changed over to.

I'm sure that the warranty claims were the reason that Fender stopped using them. Just be forewarned that Eminence is still producing blue framed alnicos, but they do not sound as great by any means. They utilize a kapton voice coil rather than paper, and that's the difference. They won't blow up, but once you play the first version, you won't be satisfied with anything else.

yladrd61

Reaction score
Be careful with those speakers. While they are one of the best sounding 10" speakers I've ever heard, they will get destroyed if you crank that amp through them.

I had a Vibrolux Custom that had two of those speakers from the factory. Blew them up the first timen I practiced bwith the band. Blew up their warranty replacements as well. I never like the Jensens that Fender changed over to.

I'm sure that the warranty claims were the reason that Fender stopped using them. Just be forewarned that Eminence is still producing blue framed alnicos, but they do not sound as great by any means. They utilize a kapton voice coil rather than paper, and that's the difference. They won't blow up, but once you play the first version, you won't be satisfied with anything else.
Yeah I don't care for the reissue Jensen P10Rs either I have replaced them in all of my fenders that came with them. I will run it with my Aracom if I want to crank it up.

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I still have my Zinky Fender Tone Master w/matching 2x12 cab.

It didn't go over but, IMO, is a great amp.

guitarzan2525

Reaction score
Nice amp! I have a 1960 3x10 Brown Bandmaster but it didn't have the original Triad 45216 output transformer - until recently (purchased a beater 2x10 1960 super with an original Triad 45216). Guess what is getting swapped..