• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

I hate SG’s, there i said it…

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1watter

Reaction score
I’ve had a few bad ones but have an awesome one! I sold a 2009 standard last year that sounded mean and heavy. I’d like to get that one back

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Hell of a find! Looks like my 2019 I got a few months ago which is a fantastic guitar. What year is this?

My SG/LP Jr is a '62 , which I still own.

I foolishly traded my '64 SG Special a long time ago.

I recall that the '64 was very light.

Probably from the grade of woods that Gibson was using and, from what I've tried, the newer Gibson SG's are boat anchors.

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Contender?

He's a bit too excited.

Nice faces and moves.

That commission check better be good.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
My SG/LP Jr is a '62 , which I still own.

I foolishly traded my '64 SG Special a long time ago.

I recall that the '64 was very light.

Probably from the grade of woods that Gibson was using and, from what I've tried, the newer Gibson SG's are boat anchors.
Nice. My first SG was a white '64 Jr. that was given to me in three pieces in a shopping bag. $1000 and two months later, it had NO tone and was neck heavy as hell. Got rid of it. My two SGs now are excellent guitars in every area (as was the white '09 Custom I foolishly sold).