I just need to vent today

• Thread starter GibsonMarshallGuy47
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I hate the drivers in my town. they're terrible. I mean, they are the worst of the worst. not only do they constantly break all kinds of traffic laws on a regular basis (I witness it daily), but they are downright dangerous and extremely inconsiderate. I take my life in my hands whenever I drive to or from work... we have a fairly new 2022 Subaru Outback that is (or was) in pristine shape. we really try to take very good care of our cars as much as we can. today I noticed that someone must've opened their driver side door really fast and carelessly, and punched a nice gouge into the front passenger side door of our Outback. I'm absolutely f*cking furious right now. its absolutely maddening that I can't have a car kept nice and un-dinged for longer than a year and a half without having some thoughtless barbaric imbecile mess it up. I just want to punch something right now, I'm so god damned angry.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
I hate the drivers in my town. they're terrible. I mean, they are the worst of the worst. not only do they constantly break all kinds of traffic laws on a regular basis (I witness it daily), but they are downright dangerous and extremely inconsiderate. I take my life in my hands whenever I drive to or from work... we have a fairly new 2022 Subaru Outback that is (or was) in pristine shape. we really try to take very good care of our cars as much as we can. today I noticed that someone must've opened their driver side door really fast and carelessly, and punched a nice gouge into the front passenger side door of our Outback. I'm absolutely f*cking furious right now. its absolutely maddening that I can't have a car kept nice and un-dinged for longer than a year and a half without having some thoughtless barbaric imbecile mess it up. I just want to punch something right now, I'm so god damned angry.
Do you live in Philadelphia? Worst drivers on the planet there. Either way, sorry to hear of your woes. Good karma heading your way. Hopefully venting and getting a little love here will make you feel better. To get rid of some of your angst, maybe crank your Marshall and play some Rage Against the Machine.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Do you live in Philadelphia? Worst drivers on the planet there. Either way, sorry to hear of your woes. Good karma heading your way. Hopefully venting and getting a little love here will make you feel better. To get rid of some of your angst, maybe crank your Marshall and play some Rage Against the Machine.
how did you know?? LoL... as a matter of fact, yes, I happen to live right outside of Philly (DelCo suburbs). as furious as I am, my wife is even more upset than I am, if that's even possible... and after thinking hard about where our Outback was parked over the past 2 days, something actually occurred to me... at work, we have a small parking area with space for about 7 or 8 vehicles... normally, I park all the way on the left, and my boss parks all the way down on the right. yesterday, my boss uncharacteristically parked RIGHT NEXT TO MY VEHICLE (to the right of my car), which he never does. I decided to take my other vehicle to work today (we have two), and the moment my boss walked into the office today, the first thing out of his mouth is: "I noticed you have a tiny ding on your other vehicle. I saw it yesterday".

hmmm... I'm suspicious. :scratch:

PelliX

Reaction score
I take my life in my hands whenever I drive to or from work...

...and you lay it a little bit in the hands of the rest. Yup, I get the sentiment.

I always say; if you have to walk [or drive] through hell, act like you own the place!

I decided to take my other vehicle to work today (we have two), and the moment my boss walked into the office today, the first thing out of his mouth is: "I noticed you have a tiny ding on your other vehicle. I saw it yesterday".

hmmm... I'm suspicious.

But he was parked all the way on the other side when it happened? Maybe it's actually his way of tipping you off that it happened at work and he knows it. I dunno....

I just want to punch something right now, I'm so god damned angry.

Ideally not a car...

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
how did you know?? LoL... as a matter of fact, yes, I happen to live right outside of Philly (DelCo suburbs). as furious as I am, my wife is even more upset than I am, if that's even possible... and after thinking hard about where our Outback was parked over the past 2 days, something actually occurred to me... at work, we have a small parking area with space for about 7 or 8 vehicles... normally, I park all the way on the left, and my boss parks all the way down on the right. yesterday, my boss uncharacteristically parked RIGHT NEXT TO MY VEHICLE (to the right of my car), which he never does. I decided to take my other vehicle to work today (we have two), and the moment my boss walked into the office today, the first thing out of his mouth is: "I noticed you have a tiny ding on your other vehicle. I saw it yesterday".

hmmm... I'm suspicious. :scratch:
OMG, that's hilarious! I lived out on the Main Line for a year and every time I went into town it struck me that Philly drivers, present company excepted of course, combined the four worst aspects of driving: dangerous, incompetent, speeding, and vindictive. For sake of comparison, Los Angeles drivers go fast but they know how to drive. New York drivers are dangerous but not incompetent. Boston drivers are incompetent but not dangerous. New Jersey drivers are vindictive but not incompetent. Et cetera. Only in Philly do they combine all four aspects of poor driving. Very suspicious about your boss. Is there a video camera in the parking lot? Inquiring minds want to know.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
...and you lay it a little bit in the hands of the rest. Yup, I get the sentiment.

I always say; if you have to walk [or drive] through hell, act like you own the place!

But he was parked all the way on the other side when it happened? Maybe it's actually his way of tipping you off that it happened at work and he knows it. I dunno....

Ideally not a car...
NO... yesterday my boss was actually NOT parked in his usual spot, far away from my car... as I said, yesterday he was parked RIGHT NEXT TO OUR VEHICLE (the one that was dented), which he never, ever does.

nortiks

Reaction score
today I noticed that someone must've opened their driver side door really fast and carelessly, and punched a nice gouge into the front passenger side door of our Outback.
Just one more evidence of the successful feralization of society that began in January 2009.
jmo of course.
My latest experiences were some feral going 90mph in the rain on the freeway weaving in and out of traffic tagging my teenager from behind spinning her into oncoming freeway traffic. Fortunately only the car totaled and she is fine. Then a week later another feral who was also an illegal plows into the side of my car as she was driving it, and the feral has now skipped the country. So two crashes in a week and the other drivers both ticketed at fault. Fortunately I bought the uninsured motorist coverage, since we live in the largest sanctuary city in the south...

Last edited:

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
OMG, that's hilarious! I lived out on the Main Line for a year and every time I went into town it struck me that Philly drivers, present company excepted of course, combined the four worst aspects of driving: dangerous, incompetent, speeding, and vindictive. For sake of comparison, Los Angeles drivers go fast but they know how to drive. New York drivers are dangerous but not incompetent. Boston drivers are incompetent but not dangerous. New Jersey drivers are vindictive but not incompetent. Et cetera. Only in Philly do they combine all four aspects of poor driving. Very suspicious about your boss. Is there a video camera in the parking lot? Inquiring minds want to know.
actually we do have a security surveillance camera pointed at our parking area, but unfortunately, the angle of the camera view does not pick up a perfect shot of a car door that would open into our passenger side car door.

PelliX

Reaction score
NO... yesterday my boss was actually NOT parked in his usual spot, far away from my car... as I said, yesterday he was parked RIGHT NEXT TO OUR VEHICLE (the one that was dented), which he never, ever does.

Ah, right, gotcha. Read that wrong then, apologies. No need to shout, bro. A guy near here dumped a cubic meter of sand on my car. I won't incriminate myself, but let's say the next week of his life must have been pretty rough.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
If you're not cursing while driving you're not paying attention. So at least I know you're paying attention....

I agree to check your boss's door. If there is evidence be polite and ask him if you can show him something outside. Hopefully it can be resolved.

And yeah, people suck. Individuals can be really cool, but people as a whole? Yuck.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one more evidence of the successful feralization of society that began in January 2009.
jmo of course.
My latest experiences were some feral going 90mph in the rain on the freeway weaving in and out of traffic tagging my teenager from behind spinning her into oncoming freeway traffic. Fortunately only the car totaled and she is fine. Then a week later another feral who was also an illegal plows into the side of my car as she was driving it, and the feral has now skipped the country. So two crashes in a week and the other drivers both ticketed at fault. Fortunately I bought the uninsured motorist coverage, since we live in the largest sanctuary city in the south...
What is "the successful feralization of society that began in January 2009"? What does it mean?

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
What is "the successful feralization of society that began in January 2009"? What does it mean?
That was the first year a car was dented while sitting in a parking lot. lol
Before that it never happened. In fact, before that cars never even got dirty!

That, we cannot discuss further here, but you can PM me any time if you like.
I wish he would PM you. I get so sick of these political rants. It's just gonna get worse in the coming months I fear.