I Love Flying V-ees

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chromeboy

Reaction score
V's are definitely cool and I would like to pick up another gibson V but gibson just seems to be getting over priced for my pocket book. I'm 58, haven't toured in years and only do occational studio work every so often so I don't see me buying a V anytime soon. I mostly sit in on studio sessions with some of my old metal head buddies. It's a blast and my grand kids think it's cool that their grandpa is covered in tats and plays metal lol.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 60, one of my grandsons jams with me (when he has time) all my old buddies don’t come by any more, so I play for myself, one day soon the logistics of distance will be overcome, and some good times will ensue! Cheers Mitch

kevin s

Reaction score
My contribution to this great thread.Dean Chicago flame.

hSHc01T.jpg

Coronado

Reaction score
I think V's look amazing. I've wanted a V for SO long now, but chicken out every time. I took a small step in the right direction and picked up an Explorer a few years back - I think I may be ready to give it another try.

Some VERY nice looking V's in this thread gentlemen!

mcblink

Reaction score
I think V's look amazing. I've wanted a V for SO long now, but chicken out every time. I took a small step in the right direction and picked up an Explorer a few years back - I think I may be ready to give it another try.

Some VERY nice looking V's in this thread gentlemen!
Why not have both? Would recommend a V. I love mine, and my Explorer equally. I like the way they hang, pretty comfy to play

Coronado

Reaction score
Why not have both? Would recommend a V. I love mine, and my Explorer equally. I like the way they hang, pretty comfy to play

You make a great point! :D I love the way the Explorer rests when I play (sitting or standing). I do a lot of recording (sitting), do you need to shorten the strap in a seated position? Or do you mostly stand when you play the V?

mcblink

Reaction score
You make a great point! :D I love the way the Explorer rests when I play (sitting or standing). I do a lot of recording (sitting), do you need to shorten the strap in a seated position? Or do you mostly stand when you play the V?

I tend to stand all the time when I play so I'm not really sure about sitting with it. Can't even say I've tried to, actually

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
V's are definitely cool and I would like to pick up another gibson V but gibson just seems to be getting over priced for my pocket book. I'm 58, haven't toured in years and only do occational studio work every so often so I don't see me buying a V anytime soon. I mostly sit in on studio sessions with some of my old metal head buddies. It's a blast and my grand kids think it's cool that their grandpa is covered in tats and plays metal lol.

^ lol

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I am 60, one of my grandsons jams with me (when he has time) all my old buddies don’t come by any more, so I play for myself, one day soon the logistics of distance will be overcome, and some good times will ensue! Cheers Mitch

Never give up youngster.

Sounds like you're in the boonies, huh? lol

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I mostly stand with the V but you can play it sitting, when I do sit with it I have tall barstools and still use the strap! Cheers Mitch

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I learned to play guitar on a Jackson Kelly. I got my first V a few years later and I was hooked. After my hand was paralyzed and I gained movement back it became easier for me to hold a V shaped guitar since they rest against my knee. Then when I was in the market for a new Jackson I had to go with the King V. I think the Rhoads shape is awesome too but I like the extra stability the full sized V offers. The necks on the new Jackson Pro series are phenomenal. I found that when i don't have a shit neck I can play a lot better than I originally though..lol

Last edited:

Revsynyster

Reaction score
My favourite guitar is my Jackson rr1 in hot rod flames best guitar I have ever owned I used to have a limited edition Gibson flying v too but sold it afew years ago and regretted it ever since!