I think I bought the wrong Cabs.

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, and as for the Creambacks I have that were the reason I started this thread, I don't know. They sounded better than anything else I tried in my MX cabs, but they don't do anything for me in my other cabs. Now that the MX cabs are out I don't know what I'm going to do with them and I'm just not going to think about that yet.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh DirtySteve, rabbit hole just got a bit deeper. The Eminence with Marshall intrigued me. I'm enjoying it. Thought about trying a different Eminence. Instead, I'm going to get a Jensen and pair it with my 4 Marshall's in a 1x12. :facepalm:

If it doesn't work out, I can try it in an American combo amp.

Crikey

Reaction score
Edit: This thread was originally titled, "I think I bought the wrong Creambacks", but the subject changed to a cabinet discussion so the title was edited.
---------------------------------------

I have 2 Creamback 65s in an MX212R cab. At first I really liked them, but after a while it seemed like I was always fighting the eq and never really getting what I'm looking for. I tried mixing a G12C Greenback with one and it was better for a while, but after some time I was getting tired of that. So today I put the second CB back in it and I don't like that like I used to. I swear, I'm getting so frustrated. I think I confirmed what I already thought about greenbacks, which is that I don't like greenbacks...now I know.

I think I should have gotten 2 75s instead of the 65s. I've been listening to a lot of clips today (I know, I know) and the 75s sound better in all of them, even the bad ones. I'm thinking I might try just one of them at first before I decide if I want to replace them both. I assume a 65 and 75 will pair well?

I guess I'm just thinking out loud here. No one I know in real life understands my dilemma, lol.
bruh, sounds like you are splitting hairs...... come down off the wire.
set up a couple cabs and test the speakers that way

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh DirtySteve, rabbit hole just got a bit deeper. The Eminence with Marshall intrigued me. I'm enjoying it. Thought about trying a different Eminence. Instead, I'm going to get a Jensen and pair it with my 4 Marshall's in a 1x12. :facepalm:

If it doesn't work out, I can try it in an American combo amp.

That reminds me, I have a Jensen Nighthawk I still haven't tried in this cab yet.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
The Nighthawk in my Mojotone cab is pretty damn good, wow!

Another surprise is that my WGS ET-65 sounds pretty damn good in it, too. I hated that speaker in my MX cabs. I even had it loaded in the MX112 to sell it since I gave away the speaker that came in it, but I had only tried it in the MX cabs so I figured I'd try it before I gave up on it and I'm glad I did. I know it's supposed to be WGS version of the G12-65, but it sounds better than the real 65 in this cab.

Now I'm off to try my Cannabis Rex, I found it while looking for my NightHawk...I forgot I had it.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I had an MX212 before... I replaced the stock 70/80's with chinese greenies... The cab didn't sound right to me, it felt/sound compressed even with good speakers...I put the stock speakers back and return it to musicians friend...

The cab itself is heavy...

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
C-Rex was an instant no go. So, the 70th Anni H30, Jensen NightHawk and WGS ET-65 all sound great in the Mojotone cab with my Lil' Devil. Now I guess it all depends on which one sounds best paired with my Sourmash cab with the G12C Greenback in it because that one's not going to change. But, my back says I'm done for today.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
While waiting for my Jensen speaker to get here, I bought some 1/4" Birch ply panels. I'm going to line the inside of the MX with them. WTH?!? :lol:

I need to try my Swamp Thang too, but I'll wait for the Birch lining to be applied.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
While waiting for my Jensen speaker to get here, I bought some 1/4" Birch ply panels. I'm going to line the inside of the MX with them. WTH?!? :lol:

I need to try my Swamp Thang too, but I'll wait for the Birch lining to be applied.
I'd really like to know how that goes. It's going to be a heavy 112.