If you could only have one guitar, what would it be?

• Thread starter Ken Ops
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wezie Guitar lover

Reaction score
8JrbPgi.jpg

KPJ4kGd.jpg

$_86.JPG

I own it and love it. Boutique brand.

obx351

Reaction score
Everyone complains of that bridge?
There is a conversion that uses an ABR-1 and a trapeze tailpiece for better intonation and 99% more comfortable. Has more cosmetic appeal. Completely reversible for future sales. You really cannot go wrong.

My '52 has a Mojoaxe bridge. It's a no drilling replacement bridge that does not alter the guitar in any way. I've had this guitar for 10 years and I've never had an intonation, tuning or playability issue with it. In fact it's the easiest playing guitar I've every played. Also it's a bunch cheaper than drilling holes and rolling the dice on a stop bridge.

52 and 56 LPs.jpg

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
My '52 has a Mojoaxe bridge. It's a no drilling replacement bridge that does not alter the guitar in any way. I've had this guitar for 10 years and I've never had an intonation, tuning or playability issue with it. In fact it's the easiest playing guitar I've every played. Also it's a bunch cheaper than drilling holes and rolling the dice on a stop bridge.

View attachment 91596
What color was the one on the left originally, gold top?

junk notes

Reaction score
Visible differences in the cosmetics.
full

52-and-falcons1.jpg
2019-Jared-James-Nichols-Old-Glory-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Wraparound-Trapeze-ABR-1-Tune-o-matic-conversion.jpg

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
This thread has been out for a while, and it's taken me a bit to figure out my answer.

I'm going with a guitar I do not own - I have several great guitars, but if only one guitar I would want the best player grade guitar possible for me. I'd go with a Fender Am Pro II Strat SSS in roasted pine/maple fretboard. While it's a really nice guitar, and certainly is not "cheap", it's not so dear that I wouldn't play it every day or hesitate to bring it out of the house. I've played one at length and I love the feel of the neck and fretboard, the light weight of the pine, and it's amazing tone. I love those pups - to me I can get almost any sound I want out of them. I also love the looks - it's a classic look, but unique enough to have it's own character.

image.jpg

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Fender Stratocaster.

I'm inclined to agree, but which one for me? The one I've owned from new since 1982 and added some upgrades including an active Eric Clapton mid boost and Bareknuckle 50s style pickups. Or the one I built to help preserve the 1982 one so I don't have to risk taking it to certain gigs? 50s style vs 60s style, fat Rosewood 'boarded neck vs medium maple neck, Bareknuckle 50s style pickups vs PV'65 pickups, both guitars fitted with the mid boost.

I guess the 1982 one and I'd just chain myself to it so it couldn't get stolen without me noticing. :) Not that some people would understand why I'd be worried about a Japanese Squier Strat being stolen, but it's been everywhere with me, even on a patrol down the Falklands Island when I was in the Royal Navy. :)

But take your pick:
Finished Strat (10) EDIT.jpg

obx351

Reaction score
What color was the one on the left originally, gold top?

It was a gold top. I was told this guitar, when sold to me, was supposedly a one owner guitar and the guy took off the original finish but painted the original case gold!

ido1957

Reaction score
Just did a SS refret on my 96 EC with 6105 frets. Brought it back to life. It's now my #1. Light, amazing neck, lots of different tones. Everybody's different, but this is my desert island guitar.

Silverdome

Reaction score
Even though I gig out mostly with my Les Paul, probably would keep my Japanese Made Strat. I think the clean tone of a Fender guitar is better, and it still distorts really nicely. They are just so damn comfortable to wear and play.

Silverdome

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree, but which one for me? The one I've owned from new since 1982 and added some upgrades including an active Eric Clapton mid boost and Bareknuckle 50s style pickups. Or the one I built to help preserve the 1982 one so I don't have to risk taking it to certain gigs? 50s style vs 60s style, fat Rosewood 'boarded neck vs medium maple neck, Bareknuckle 50s style pickups vs PV'65 pickups, both guitars fitted with the mid boost.

I guess the 1982 one and I'd just chain myself to it so it couldn't get stolen without me noticing. :) Not that some people would understand why I'd be worried about a Japanese Squier Strat being stolen, but it's been everywhere with me, even on a patrol down the Falklands Island when I was in the Royal Navy. :)

But take your pick:
View attachment 91624

those are great looking guitars. For just general all around playing there's just something about a strat. When I practice at home and just fooling around I always go for the strats.

El Gringo

Reaction score
This thread has been out for a while, and it's taken me a bit to figure out my answer.

I'm going with a guitar I do not own - I have several great guitars, but if only one guitar I would want the best player grade guitar possible for me. I'd go with a Fender Am Pro II Strat SSS in roasted pine/maple fretboard. While it's a really nice guitar, and certainly is not "cheap", it's not so dear that I wouldn't play it every day or hesitate to bring it out of the house. I've played one at length and I love the feel of the neck and fretboard, the light weight of the pine, and it's amazing tone. I love those pups - to me I can get almost any sound I want out of them. I also love the looks - it's a classic look, but unique enough to have it's own character.

image.jpg
I am pretty sure that is an ash body

El Gringo

Reaction score

But take your pick:
View attachment 91624
Super cool story and love both your Strats !