If you could only have one guitar, what would it be?

• Thread starter Ken Ops
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jmp45

Reaction score
Probably this Nitefly.. I know, it's weird but it plays great. Stable tuning, amazing tone for the build and the neck is perfect for these old bear claws.

parker_nitefly_zpskoi5t3fv.jpg

These guys have got my attention now, especially the Coronet. Get one if you don't have a P90 in you stable. Something magic about P90s..

Epi_Wilshire_Coronet.jpg

But then the Gibbys.. IDK.. Can't really say which one to be the keeper.

studio_202012098.jpg

Last edited:

houseofrock

Reaction score
It is hard to pick just one.
If only one then it would be my '78 MusicMan Stingray Bass. I've had it since new. It's been with me through thick and thin. A real battle axe in every since of the word. If I could have a second it would be my 2010 Les Paul Standard. Still a very difficult choice.
If I was stranded on a desert island then maybe the LTD HybridII. It plays well and I would know the rest would be home safe.

ampeq

Reaction score
For an acoustic:

Gibson L 20 Koa.............1 of 30(?)

Rare.

View attachment 90972
Axe my friend, I don’t think you could pick one room of guitars much less one guitar. Not a bad problem too have!
Is that a “parlor” size guitar? If I ever get another acoustic it will be a small body like one of those for sure. Much handier.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I have one of those exact models, same year, finish, everything. Great Strat! Congrats!
Thanks.
Has all my checkboxes except flame/plus top.
Only plus tops I was seeing out there are MIMs - nothing against that, but a US was on my wish list.
Almost went with a Warmoth flame top build, but after pricing up all the components, I saw this on GC for about the same total.
Got a decent deal within my 75% rule, and I just don't have the time for a build right now.
Shipping from CA to PA, so NGD some time next week.
Now I just need 1 more...

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Axe my friend, I don’t think you could pick one room of guitars much less one guitar. Not a bad problem too have!
Is that a “parlor” size guitar? If I ever get another acoustic it will be a small body like one of those for sure. Much handier.

Thank you.

Yes it is a "parlor" guitar.

It's one of those hard to find Gibson guitars.

It's a "parlor" size with the body depth of a J 200.

VERY rare and I have a letter from Walter Carter verifying it's build.

ampeq

Reaction score
Thank you.

Yes it is a "parlor" guitar.

It's one of those hard to find Gibson guitars.

It's a "parlor" size with the body depth of a J 200.

VERY rare and I have a letter from Walter Carter verifying it's build.
Awesome keeper, very hard to replace. Does it play and sound as good as it looks? Beauties like that are so hard to stumble on these days, and pricey when you do.

Latest posts