If you could only have ONE

• Thread starter Bull Rock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JTM45 Master

Reaction score
If you could only have one amp/head and only one, what would that be?

As Jet Li once said in this scene... "I WILL be the ONE!"

I'd be happy with any of these:
Marshall JTM Studio Creamback 65

Vox AC15HW1 Blue Alnico

Fender Princeton 12in Jensen PQ12

I own all 3 and love each one equally (sorry Marshall lol)

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
My tastes have been changing so much over time, I honestly don't know. While it seems that I'll always love insanely high gain 80s metal tones, I'm also gaining an increasing appreciation for more moderate to low gain tones as well. And I don't know of a single amp that covers the ENTIRE range of gain levels with an equal measure of excellence in all of them.

It'd be easy if I picked two. Mesa blue stripe Mark III and one other, quite possibly my new to me 2061X 20 watt lead and bass reissue, but that's very new to me so I don't know if I'll appreciate it as much in six months as I do now.

Dave47857

Reaction score
I would bring my mark v you can get crazy awesome tones and it is a nightmare to get your head around it is the hardest amp I have ever had the pleasure/disappointment of owning

burster1

Reaction score
My JVM410H with a 90s 1960 G12T-75 loaded cab. Just add my old TS-808 and I'm good to go. If I could have one more amp add my Trem-O-Verb or 6505+ to the list for underlying guitar parts.

doc mckenna

Reaction score
Traynor ycs50h. Covers everything I want. A great clean platform will do most things with pedals so Roland JC would be my runner up if pedals are allowed.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My JV modded 78 JMP would be it, but it has a mechanical right now. So no. Its the best amp I've ever heard or played. 3 epic voicings, tailored and built for me. Late 68' Plexi, JEL Badlands 800, and Thor's Hammer. 4 preamp tubes.

My SC800H with Lynch mod would be it, but its only a nut tickler.

So my 80 watt EVH Iconic is #1. Its my other ball klacker.

My cabs/speakers make my amps what they are.