If you could only listen to ONE decade's music for the rest of your life.......

• Thread starter Gutch220
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which decade?

• 1950's

• 1960's

• 1970's

• 1980's

• 1990's

• 2000's

• 2010's +

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nadir

Reaction score
For me no discussion: the '70s.

My consideration about the '80s:
all the bands that were born in the eighties died within the eighties, all the band that survived the eighties were born in the seventies (with very few exceptions).

Deftone

Reaction score
1970-2000 for me. I picked the 70's because LZ, Black Sabbath, Rush, BOC, early VH...I could have easily gone with the 80's though....fuck it, I just changed my vote. '80's Metallica, Slayer, VH (DLR era) Megadeth, AC/DC, Ozzy, Judas Pries, Iron Maiden and I still get RUSH and Black Sabbath....

V-man

Reaction score
For me no discussion: the '70s.

My consideration about the '80s:
all the bands that were born in the eighties died within the eighties, all the band that survived the eighties were born in the seventies (with very few exceptions).
Whatever…

since 19 fucking 88 :pissed:

Actually, I no idea where you are going with this,

Bands from the ‘80s died within the ‘80s?

I just saw DRI last month. Most of the bands that I revered back then are still up and touring, whereas most ‘70s acts are dismantled or dead (literally) and the same goes for ‘90s, compliments of heroin & fentanyl.

Or is this some relevance ploy? ‘90s was a counter-culture against the ‘80s to be certain. But I hardly saw the 1970s artists/music as relevant and warmly-received in the days of Slim Shady, Fred Durst and Brittney Spears. So, it’s not like that wasn’t shelved off to the middle of the “classic” rock station between ‘60s and ‘80s then.

That a couple of clueless broads happen to revere Dolly Parton and Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks, really) over the past 10 years is no indicator that the ‘70s has been revered throughout. You have no idea how many of these kids have zero fucking clue who Pink Floyd is. Seriously. It’s disappointing to say the least.

Deftone

Reaction score
I just saw DRI last month.
:dude:

iu

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted 70's, because over 90% of the music I listen to is from the 70's. It'd be easy to give up the less than 10% of what I listen to not from the 70's.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Yeah I’m the guy who picked the 90s. First of all, I don’t think some of you know how to play the game. You can’t pick a decade? Picture an alien from another planet who has the ability to wipe out all of humanity. It offers you a reprieve, all of humanity will be saved if you agree to only listen to music from one of the above posted decades. Now which decade are you picking dammit?! 😂
That would be a real dilemma. I would want to save humanity but on the other hand maybe the responsible thing would be to let the aliens kill everyone. That might be the better choice for the rest of creation - all things considered. ; -)

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
considering Band Of Gypsys, Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, The Stooges, the Ramones, Sex Pistols, early Rush, the Stones, the Who, early Motorhead, early Deep Purple, ... I could go on and on and on... so yeah, the 1970's, without a doubt.

Last edited:

Resident 217

Reaction score
What a bunch of nostalgia bull . Too funny, guess Im a nimrod as I chose 2010's with the +. I have hope there is still time I might see some significant contribution to Music in my life time

Last edited:

anitoli

Reaction score
You have no idea how many of these kids have zero fucking clue who Pink Floyd is. Seriously. It’s disappointing to say the least.
I would consider not ever hearing or knowing who Pink Floyd was to be a blessing....................:D

Reaction score
If you could only listen to music from ONE decade for the rest of your life, what decade would it be?
Being a guitar player with all my main influences coming from an era of classic hard rock that really started kicking off around 1973 and continued through the very early eighties, I would have to adjust my decade a bit and call it '73 thru '83. Right around 1973 is where the rock bands of the mid sixties and early seventies passed the torch to the next generation of rockers such as Montrose, Rainbow, UFO, Aerosmith, etc..

Latest posts