I'm tired of pedals.

• Thread starter rockinr0ll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khaos

Reaction score
I've got a pretty fair sized pedal board capable of generating most any 'effect' that I could want to flavor or fill with, including a harmonizer... but I rarely use any of it - and that's what they're there for; those moments in an arrangement when it calls for something other than pure guitar/amp tone. Spice is nice.
:)
Moose hit the bullseye.
Effect pedals aren't suppose to make a bad tone sound good. They're made just to be added in the right spot of a tune.
I'm also of the opinion that there should always a vast range of pedal choices, so that I can choose we to add a little something in a certain part of a song.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I use whatever i need for the situation but, that's most often a boost, noise suppressor and tuner. occasionaly a delay in the loop. that's about my extreme though. ONCE in awhile i use two boosts (one as an OD) if i have a single channel and need "3" channels.

Grenade

Reaction score
I like the sound of my guitars and amps. I have a tuner (lazy) an A-B box (2 amps) and a corned beef for reverb on the Bassman.

Gtrman58

Reaction score
Chuck Berry

Very True! Seen him many times!

I too have a bunch of pedals in a ever changing pedal board. As I have stated recently in another thread, since I bought my DSL 100 a couple of years ago I really enjoy just plugging in and cranking away... although I still will probably always have a tuner and a good analog Chorus, as soon as I find one.

Really love the basic sound of the DSL! :headbanger:

Blacque Jacque

Reaction score
Both me and our singer are just plug in & go players. I even pulled the rack fx unit from my JMP1 rig.

Back when I was playing covers that required it, I used a Crybaby, but that's about it.

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
I mean for pure rock and roll and blues you just need a guitar and a good amp.
But there's no way around it if you want to give a tune a different feel you need some effects. But remember first the straight in the amp sound, then the effects.

Really if you want to give your amp a different feel but a different amp. I use pedals to get the maximum out of my amp.

Dave666

Reaction score
I use an OD all the time and my tunerpedal. Effects just come and go otherwise.....

trobdcso

Reaction score
I use a Tubescreamer to push the amp for metal, and ISP for noise. That is it for now.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
Lately, it's only been Marshall and Strat for cleans, but I need something for distorted sounds unless I want to crank to 7 at least. Then my Ratt comes into play.

Dingle87

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, but saves me starting a new one.

Im after a boost pedal a good one!!! Can any one suggest one for me. Thanks

rjtm

Reaction score
MXR Micro Boost. I dont have it but I've heard its the BEST boost pedal, and is super transparent. Check it out, and plus MXR pedals are awesome.

Frankie

Reaction score
Hahahaha! I just made a thread on this too. Forgot my pedals at home the other day and didn't realize so I just went straight into the DSL. Luckily I had the footswitch in my other case, so I was able to switch channels, and man, that's all I needed. Way back when I used to play straight into a 2210 since I mostly did rockabilly and punk rock kinda stuff, and the channel switcher did me fine. I don't know why I started fucking with pedals really. I'm back to my roots now, guitar straight in, 2 channels, and a spring reverb tank in the head. It's really all you need.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Hahahaha! I just made a thread on this too. Forgot my pedals at home the other day and didn't realize so I just went straight into the DSL. Luckily I had the footswitch in my other case, so I was able to switch channels, and man, that's all I needed. Way back when I used to play straight into a 2210 since I mostly did rockabilly and punk rock kinda stuff, and the channel switcher did me fine. I don't know why I started fucking with pedals really. I'm back to my roots now, guitar straight in, 2 channels, and a spring reverb tank in the head. It's really all you need.

:dude: This.