• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Is 'having nothing to do', mean you're depressed?

• Thread starter dreyn77
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dreyn77

Reaction score
So true The Ozzk!
the past turns us into what we are today. but yeah, we can't do anything about it.

I saw a movie on the TV today that made you're point very well. It also showed what a waste of time trying to change the past can be.
the movie 'The Vikings', with kirk douglas, tony curtis, janet leigh (she looked good in this movie) and a aussie local Frank Thring.
these Vikings had a great technique for storming castles!

Billyblades

Reaction score
Oh shit.. wheres the 10ft pole.. aw fukkit.

Dreynn...
First thing i would suggest is a plan. It seems like you are just wandering in circles in your head.

Start by forgetting the past and taking a look at today. Have graditude for the things you have even.if it doesnt meet your ideal scenario.
Think positive and take a deep breath. Just be thankful and meditate on that.
You have your body functions and sometimes people live in a cage never knowing they have the key.

Take a drive to a park or look out across the water somewhere and dream a little. Get out of the 4 walls n take in some nature.

Everybody has their own path so you need to find one or just make one.

Happiness starts within and depression sucks.

Take a vitamin too daily because the missing nutrients will enhance bipolar tendencies.
Hydrate well and try to think positive.

You are focusing to hard on whats wrong and attracting more of whats wrong.

Start turning your mind around and think all the screwy stuff is jusy showing you more of what you "do " want... because we all find out what we "dont " want thru experience.

Start with a better ..less gloomy outlook and make the changes in your mind first.

Hope this helps and jumpstarts a new you.

We are all great and unique. We are part of the universe and all connected.

Iam that, i am
Maybe do something different. Today

Good luck with your path.

Ampcrazy

Reaction score
It would only be depressing if you thought that was as far as you could go(and you wanted more). What would a world be like if no one cleaned toilets? Do you ever clean your toilet? I'm guessing you do.
I've not only cleaned toilets, i've serviced and emptied them in aircrafts. Sometimes the wagon it got emptied into wasn't lined up properly and the shit got all over the top then it had to be towed to the hangar and washed down with the high pressure cleaner. So tell me about cleaning toilets!! Did it for years and years, that was only one part of our duties. We had zillions of other parts to our job.

Now to the point; we were treated fairly by a decent employer therefore morale was relatively good whereas the kinds of jobs we're talking about nowadays are exploitation all the way down the line with employers looking to see how much shit they can give employee's before they get fed up with it. :io:

Billyblades

Reaction score
Exactly man. We had problems before and thats in the past! I thought positivevwhen.i.posted here.

Nobody wants to see anyone hurting. Have a great day my brother and think.positive. get outta the house and drink.up some sunshine.

See how it works. We are off to a good start and i feel great about that!
:)

Nomatter what anybody in the world wants of you... it is your life.

Its meant to be the best we can make it

dreyn77

Reaction score
Woke up at 5am with a dream about the dead. THat's just the brain rehashing old weekly thoughts.
I tried some of your techniques!
I read a book and learned some stuff I never knew and that totally changed my thinking and I got tired again and fell asleep.

Did you know the plant 'dandylion' can be useful?
If you blanch the leaves they can be eaten as a salad and the root of the plant can be used as a substitute for COFFEE. this plant covers the whole planet and so you won't get rid of it from the lawn.
who would have thought.

dreyn77

Reaction score
Went an saw a friend tonight.
I was told another friends dad died the other day.
The strong feelings of death seem to be related to this persons death in some way. Only in the last couple of days have those strong feelings of death gone away.
Well that's No#8 preminition of death by someone close that has proven true.
That's shocking info. Frightening really. I hate those feeling of death!
Have you had any preminitions of anybodys death before it happens?
They are really strong 2 weeks before the death. It usually starts with a dream or a thought that pops into your head. It's as simple as - 'person 'x' is going to die next and it's very soon'.

I'm not wierd, but these thoughts that pop into your head and seem to come from nowhere, are.

Just days before my friends dad died (unexpectedly) I had a conversation about my 'thoughts about death' and 'father's dieing'
with my friend. He was impressed about the preminitions too.
I haven't spoken to him about his fathers death yet.
If you had these 'visions of death' would you tell anybody? how about after the forth death came true. would you tell then?

Even my brother said i was strange after I predicted Freddy Mercury's death. he died within the usual 2 week period from time of vision.

Maybe Einstein is correct! time can be bent a small amount and the near future can be seen/ known before it happens.
Tune in guys!

Marshallmaniac

Reaction score
Life sure wasn't meant to be easy man, sounds like the days I've been having since I quit my job. I start a new one in a few days time but I hate working too. What gives!? I've got a great Wife, 3 great dogs, an ok house with acres of land, nice gardens, a car, guitars, a PA, lots of music. And I'm STILL bored. Buggered if I know the answer mate. I even feel the same overseas on luxurious holidays. Wherever you go, there you are as they say :D I'm usually a pretty happy guy though and enjoy my life, but I always feel there's something more I could be doing. I don't know what that is yet.

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
“I knew a man who gave twenty years of his life to a scatterbrained woman, sacrificing everything to her, his friendships, his work, the very respectability of his life and who one evening recognized that he had never loved her. He had been bored, thats all, bored like most people. Hence he had made himself out of whole cloth a life full of complications and drama. Something must happen and that explains most human commitments. Something must happen even loveless slavery, even war or death.”
― A. Camus

If you get bored in life, this seems to happen [as stated above]. I know many people I've met that seemingly have no hobbies or real interests and pretty much, all they do is create gossip and drama to entertain themselves. But that sucks. Don't do it.

Life is very boring - many spend each day, week, month and year doing the same thing. Maybe it's just the fad within man that we like routine and integration, as Ayn Rand would say, and that change isn't something we take to too well.

I don't really think anyone is that boring, they just haven't spend time seeking what makes them tick.

I'm glad I'm a passionate individual about music and football, curry and jokes. Imagine entertaining the mundane all the time?

And even though I believe life is pointless and we're just a flawed biological mutation on this earth, I do believe it's a noble thing to entertain your mind, even if it is perverted and narcotic.

There's no one to judge you, not even the universe, for it does not care and neither offers you hope or saviour.

So 'play to your emotions', as classical thought would preach with regard to music. Let your passions play on the strings of existence.

dreyn77

Reaction score
Those words work, supersonic. I hadn't heard them before.

I saw a mate last night up on stage leading the audience and I knew inside he was hurting. The audience had drunk lots of alcohol so I think they had been hurting alittle too. You could see they 'needed each other'.
They were even reaching for each other. (we're all in this together).
That was fun to watch.
I hadn't played that role before.

That's so true soulcaster!
you think life couldn't get any lower, but it can find a way to be worse.
When you're at that spot, there's nobody to yell at.
People's lazyness can be the BIG, 'stuff you jack! we don't care about you'! late night reminder message to you.

(p.s. have you ever walked into a spider web, in the dark, that stretched across the footfath, late at night? one that didn't break, and pulled the 2 trees it was tied too? I HAVE! that was a 'fun 2 minutes'! )

JayCM800

Reaction score
Depression steers you towards Slothfulness and negativity which beckon Death.

This thread reminded me of this song:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpC8bieRTgs"]Mercyful Fate - Time (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Minutes and seconds are passing us by
Time... Time

Time... Time... Time is always passing by
Doesn't matter where you are
Time is passing us by
What a beautiful moment
If you're willing to trade
Then I'll give you a moment of mine
Give you a moment of mine

(Time will never stand still)

Time... Time... Time is always passing by
Doesn't matter where you are
Time is passing us by
What a beautiful moment
If we took it away
We could use it on some other day
Use it on some other day

Time is here, Time is now

Time will kill... Time will heal
Time will come and go away
But time will never stay... Time will kill

dreyn77

Reaction score
That's a good reminder! thanks Jay.
We've got to control time and not let it control us, because it's running out. Time doesn't realize 'we' are not imortal.

Grogshla

Reaction score
dude you are not depressed just bored. Trust me Depression controls your life and ruines everything you hold dear.

Latest posts