jcm 800 is buzzing again for god sake

• Thread starter bobbyvasco
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
I'm not convinced; have a listen through headphones or a good stereo monitor setup. The phone appears to be stereo mic'ing, and the buzz doesn't quite follow the 'direction of the guitar tone'. I'd say it's something auxiliary - not in the recording loop itself.
of course....it is much much worse in reality because the phone reduced the vbibration a lot.... the buzz on guitar is not even heard in the amp...

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
ok I hook the guitar on looper and played the note that is vibratiing.....
i separated the head and speaker by 2 meters.....
seems like the annoying vibration is coming from the inside the speaker....
i even took the handles off again....noting changed...
and unplugged the reverb tank on jcm 800 that one was still vibratiing even though I put the dampers on the screws.....
I cant locate this annoying vibration....
i touched the cones on the speakers speakers if they are loose ...I cant fucking locate it.....

PelliX

Reaction score
and unplugged the reverb tank on jcm 800 that one was still vibratiing even though I put the dampers on the screws.....
i touched the cones on the speakers speakers if they are loose ...I cant fucking locate it.....

How about the feet? Put the cab on its side for shits and giggles.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
How about the feet? Put the cab on its side for shits and giggles.
i did that also touched the feet and nothing was loose......i fucking sold my old cab because of vibrations...the new one was fine for a while and now here we go again.....

PelliX

Reaction score
i did that also touched the feet and nothing was loose......i fucking sold my old cab because of vibrations...the new one was fine for a while and now here we go again.....

How sure are you that's the cab, not the floor or something silly?

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
ok i tried to locate the vibration again.....i put it in stereo again, and removed the handles on both sides....and in right stereo mode it is much worse then in left stereo mode....
i put a hand on the top right speaker cone and seems to me that is creating that annoying distortion......even though there is still a little bit of annoying distortion on the left side though, but much less when in left stero mode
i tried to see is the speaker is loose...it is not....i tightened all the screws a while ago, with no results.....
so is it the cone, or something in front of the speaker?

KraftyBob

Reaction score
Try a different speaker cab. I worked on a Blues DeVille 4x10 that had a vibration on certain notes. I checked to make sure all the screws in the combo were tight, etc. Turns out one of the speakers was shot. Bought a replacement and back to normal.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
honestly with Marshall crap...you need a live in repair guy...... besides a live-in maid...they could live in the same fucking room...probably have babies sooner or later just to maintain your marshall crap....
how could the speaker blow?

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
so i switched to my jvm 410 after a year and the speaker buzzing is gone......i really do not understand this....is the jcm 800 causing the vibration inside the signal already? Because the sound right now is horrid the speaker really sounds like it is broken...but with jvm in all channels I do not hear anything major....wtf is going on here

RLW59

Reaction score
Crazy idea: maybe try swapping out the PI? (Yes, most people who spend time on amp forums know what a PI is.)

PelliX

Reaction score
Well, this is a bit of an old trick we used to use back in the day, ya know. To balance the negative impulses, you need positively charged particles in the circuit. Minus plus minus equal plus, right. Put this on loop through the cab for about an hour.

It may not resolve the problem indefinitely, but after about 30-40 minutes you won't care about the buzz and your 'bigot neighbor' will have had his fair share. :D

Kuga

Reaction score
Disasembly back panel and check all screws from inside. The ones that screw the front panel. They have to be strong. Good luck.

Kuga

Reaction score
Could be the amp. if everything is tight on speaker cab. When I Installed a serial FX loop on a Madamp J5MKI different speakers made a buzz playing the A note with 6th string. Always I check the amp step by step when I'm doing something on It. It was the FX loop shielded cable. I don't know why. I replaced this 10cm cable for other one. Fixed It. I used same type cable. Maybe a bit longer the new one. Shield connected to ground. Again I don't know why can create buzz a cable.

PelliX

Reaction score
@Kuga did you listen to the clip he posted earlier? He outlined that he'd removed the head from the cab physically, too. Chances are it's the cab or (my guess) something else that's vibrating in sympathy.

@bobbyvasco Sell me the cab. I will take care of it. :) If you want, I'll take the 1959 off your hands, too. It's probably crackling because it's broken beyond repair. The flux capacitor's gyroscopic particles will be depleted, and we know what that means. I'll give you 500 + shipping, you keep the valves.