jcm 800 is buzzing again for god sake

• Thread starter bobbyvasco
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anitoli

Reaction score
again the sound in the clip i posted at the begginign in reality it is much much worse....
so here is the sample inside of the 1960 cab....which screw should be tightened for front plate?

c9a5d95ea5c84a36a1c28034975b6a88.jpg
Play the loop, get the vibration going and tighten every single screw paying particular attention the where the noise is most prominent.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
it seems to come from other side, just below the front mesh cover...is there something beyond this wood that could vibrate?

Kuga

Reaction score
again the sound in the clip i posted at the begginign in reality it is much much worse....
so here is the sample inside of the 1960 cab....which screw should be tightened for front plate?

c9a5d95ea5c84a36a1c28034975b6a88.jpg
Looks like some front panel screws are missing! Two from above

jaallen

Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I brought up above, or loose magnet.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
i did not quite understand what he mentioned...twisting the magnet?
i put my hand on all magnets and none was vibrating...
Basically pressing or pulling gently to see if a magnet has come loose from the frame as the buzzing note loops in the looper.
Careful with twisting! :D

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Pressing against the baffle ("front panel") seems like a good troubleshooting step too, as the note loops to see if anything at all changes.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Pressing against the baffle ("front panel") seems like a good troubleshooting step too, as the note loops to see if anything at all changes.
there is only mesh over speakers...where to press? On the cone?

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I meant press on the backside of the baffle. Having the back panel removed from the cab, press against different parts of the baffle to see if anything changes.

I'm not a cab or speaker expert, I'm just throwing out ideas.

jaallen

Reaction score
You will have to take the back off the cabinet, and actually push/pull and (very very carefully twist/pull) the magnet on the back frame of speaker, while looping the note you said shows the noise, to rule out a loose speaker magnet or rubbing voice coil. This can and does happen on speakers over time.
SmokeyDopey said it perfectly above.

PelliX

Reaction score
there is only mesh over speakers...where to press? On the cone?

May I, out of pure interest and for no particular reason, ask what it is you do for a living? If you don't want to give specifics something like "office job", or "medicine" would suffice. :)