Jtm 45 And Riviera Rockcrusher

• Thread starter Thrane
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thrane

Reaction score
Hi:)
I am a happy owner of a 2016 Marshall JTM 45 reissue head . I use with a 1960ahw cab.
Now i want to hook it up with a Rockcrusher so I can push it harder and have some nice classic rock tones at lower volume.

It this a good idea ? Does any of you have experience with this setup?

Last edited:

Metroman

Reaction score
While both an Attenuator, and Reamp, I like the Fryette Power Station to lower the dbs if I go that route. AND/Or a METROPOULOS Master Volume style.

Its hard to beat the SPL Reducer, but I still like the PS.

Your amp is 30w, and with the PS you could add another 20w and make your amp 50w vs 30w. PS is also all Tube. 2 x 6L6 x 1 x 12ax7.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Of course it's a good idea, that's what the Rivera was designed for. Just follow the hookup instructions in your Rivera manual.

Thrane

Reaction score
How does it woth with the Reducer, if i dont want any attenuation?
I can see that the Rockcrusher has a Bypass switch.

SpHj

Reaction score
Bypass switch does just that, it’s a bypass. It’s as if it’s not there.

And thanks for the kind words guys.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
While both an Attenuator, and Reamp, I like the Fryette Power Station to lower the dbs if I go that route. AND/Or a METROPOULOS Master Volume style.

Its hard to beat the SPL Reducer, but I still like the PS.

Your amp is 30w, and with the PS you could add another 20w and make your amp 50w vs 30w. PS is also all Tube. 2 x 6L6 x 1 x 12ax7.

Plus 1, the SPL is amazing!!!!!

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
I want to try the SPL... I recently bought a demo model of the Rivera rockcrusher; like it; don't love the size and the purple.. I am considering returning it for an SPLreducer..

Also have a THD 16 ohm and a Jettenuator.
Used to have PS2; sold it.. Should have kept it!!!! Loved it... Heavy though!

It looks like for just doing attenuation; do DI or line out, SPL is looking fairly awesome.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I want to try the SPL... I recently bought a demo model of the Rivera rockcrusher; like it; don't love the size and the purple.. I am considering returning it for an SPLreducer..

Also have a THD 16 ohm and a Jettenuator.
Used to have PS2; sold it.. Should have kept it!!!! Loved it... Heavy though!

It looks like for just doing attenuation; do DI or line out, SPL is looking fairly awesome.

My guess you will love the SPL. Man does it sound good IMO and its rather small.