JTM1

• Thread starter Shane Stevenson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lucky Day

Reaction score
I think I'm insane. Well, I'm sure my wife would say this, anyway.

The tone and and touch responsiveness made such a profound impact on me. I know they are 2 different animals but it got me wondering just how comparable a sound a full sized 1962 Bluesbreakers would have. It's all I could think about since plugging the little guy in. Well, I went over the edge and just bought a used 1962. The little guy is gonna go back tomorrow.

I commented on another thread about why does it seem an amp, played on same settings, with same guitar, in same room can sound glorious one day and leas than inspiring the next day. This seems to be the struggle I have with my 4010. I just cannot seem to fully bond with it. Played it the other night at band rehearsal, it was fizz city. Its like I couldn't back enough of the preamp gain off. I think I'm going to have to give up on it. Now, if I can only find a buyer for it...

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I have to work at home at the moment and got a tip about this tubeset for my JTM-1 Offset

And what an improvement it is, the amplifier already sounded Fantastic with the Original tubes, but with those new tubes it sounds amazing.
Great responsiveness.

https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/tu...m1-combo-head-and-jtm-offset?number=TS-M-JTM1

Product information "Tubeset for Marshall JTM1 Combo, Head and JTM OFFSET"

This tubeset provides a fat and warm, with very little noise or hum.
Delilvering pronounced mid-range, creamy overdrive with individual note clarity, rich harmonic content, tight low end while retaining the snap and punch of the guitar playing, great responsiveness, full gain at great low noise level!

The 6189 is a direct upgrade for 12AU7A, E82CC and ECC82 tubes.

Tuebset includes:
1x RT010
7025 TAD HIGHGRADE Premium Selected

1x RT011
7025 S Premium Selected -Mullard style-

1x S6189-GE
6189 General Electric GE / USA NOS

neikeel

Reaction score
I think I'm insane. Well, I'm sure my wife would say this, anyway.

The tone and and touch responsiveness made such a profound impact on me. I know they are 2 different animals but it got me wondering just how comparable a sound a full sized 1962 Bluesbreakers would have. It's all I could think about since plugging the little guy in. Well, I went over the edge and just bought a used 1962. The little guy is gonna go back tomorrow.

- having just finished a '68 JMP Bluesbreaker restoration (EL34s and GZ34) to totally stock with NOS parts I must say I am pretty blown away. I have Celestion G12M20 Heritages in it which complement it amazingly well. I am going to put some Collins Pinstripe cloth on it when the pound is not so bad against the dollar. It is my go to plug and play at the moment particularly with the 70s Antoria LPC (NGD thread to follow).
Hope yours hits the spot too:jam:.

whatdisay

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is a years-old thread but I recently acquired a JTM1 Offset and it is a really special little amp. I wasn't thrilled with the stock speaker (G10F-15), and a buddy had a WGS Green Beret 10" he didn't need. Really brought the JTM1 to life. More clarity in the high end.

Anyone still playing these?