Jubilee Owners...boost?

• Thread starter Salsg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnfv

Reaction score
jcmjmp, nice clips you posted. It seems many folks in various internet gear forums don't play outside their home so good to see an actual band! :dude:

I'm not a Jub owner but I like a straight boost with tone controls in front of my crunch amps (it helps to cut the highs and lows a bit - in other words boost mids, you can do the same with an EQ), I gave some examples here:
http://www.marshallforum.com/339629-post47.html

Salsg

Reaction score
How is the MC401 different than a Micro Amp?

jorual

Reaction score
The MC401 is made by Custom Audio Electronics. I can't tell you the sound difference but something there must be there when the price is higher.

Slash210

Reaction score
Jub owners, do you use a boost in front? What do you use?

In the band I am in right now, for a few songs I need more gain that what the Jub gives me straight in.
My Gibsons have stock pups, '57 classics and 490/498, I don't think they are very hot output wise.

What do you use? I'd like something with low noise too, I had a treble booster that I liked the tone but it was too damn noisy.

Hey
I have a sl2555 slash jubilee and i use an MXR micro amp boost in front of it just to get a little bit more gain for solos, and MXR 10 band eq in the effects loop for volume boost for solos
the sound is awesome the micro amp doesnt change your tone at all
i have used many boost types and this one is the best :dude:

spiritdave

Reaction score
The problem with up front boosts is that you're pushing more into the pre-amp ... whereas in the loop, you're pushing more into the power ... you're going to push so much into the amp up front that you get too much of a gain boost and not enough of a nice clean volume boost.

Just how it seems for me. My JMP is limiting me for boosts as it has no FX loop