Les Paul Suggestions

• Thread starter Marshall Stack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

junk notes

Reaction score

tallcoolone

Reaction score
I dunno about all that custom light stuff.
A Les Paul Custom just needs to be heavy and thick. Custom should be ebony board .... And remember they were called fretless wonders for a reason !
I scored a white LP Custom Lite on CL a couple years ago and it is a fantastic guitar. I also have a historic 57 black beauty and you are correct they don’t sound or feel the same but they are both on the short list of what I would grab for a one guitar/one set gig. I got mine for $1300 I think, tough to find a LP as good as this one for that kind of scratch.

Deftone

Reaction score
I dunno about all that custom light stuff.
A Les Paul Custom just needs to be heavy and thick. Custom should be ebony board .... And remember they were called fretless wonders for a reason !

To each his own. I have a black '79 Les Paul Custom as well. Weighs over 10lbs, Maple neck.

img_2025a-jpg.370422

weight-png.444374

I prefer my Custom lite with a Floyd...and jumbo frets. YMMV.

zachman

Reaction score
To each his own. I have a black '79 Les Paul Custom as well. Weighs over 10lbs, Maple neck.

img_2025a-jpg.370422

weight-png.444374

I prefer my Custom lite with a Floyd...and jumbo frets. YMMV.

My standard is 10 lbs as well, w/ 6100 frets.

My Custom GMW w/ the Floyd has SS 6100 frets, Maple neck thru, ebony fretboard

Delete!!

Reaction score
I have two 2013 Traditional’s and they are great guitars - bought them both new at the same time. I just put a 50’s 2020 Standard on layaway, so I am biased toward those models. The new Standards are very close to my Traditional’s spec-wise. Mine are solid, no weight relief, and they have nice 50’s style necks (I prefer the larger necks). I just put Seth Lover pickups in one of them and it’s now the best sounding LP I have ever owned.

giblesp

Reaction score
I have two 2013 Traditional’s and they are great guitars - bought them both new at the same time. I just put a 50’s 2020 Standard on layaway, so I am biased toward those models. The new Standards are very close to my Traditional’s spec-wise. Mine are solid, no weight relief, and they have nice 50’s style necks (I prefer the larger necks). I just put Seth Lover pickups in one of them and it’s now the best sounding LP I have ever owned.

Tried a '13 Trad in Honeyburst, solid, amazing guitar. Proper Les Paul. Proper sustain.