Let's See Your Gibson's

• Thread starter cudamax2343
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

looktoyourorb

Reaction score
The full pick-guard looks cooler to me. Also comes in hand when changing pick ups or pots, you can pull the whole pick guard off and you have tons of room to work, and can work while the pots and pickups are in place vs having to wire them separately and then install in to position after the soldering is done. Also, pickup rings break pretty easily over time...

+1 - I prefer working on pickguards, much easier to keep things tidy. I terms of looks I can take both, it depends on the guitar really.

Led4thehed2

Reaction score
e16jax.jpg
[/IMG]
fep6dc.jpg
[/IMG]

elcid

Reaction score
Here's the ones I've loved and lost over the last few years

000_0713.jpg

61 RI, R7, LP Classic, LP Standard Birdseye, 76 Custom
Guitars039.jpg

Same Classic with EMGs
000_0958.jpg

GOTW/GOTM 61 RI
LPSG.jpg

Orville, 62 SG Custom RI, Studio Silverburst
MelodyMaker.jpg

Melody Maker

elcid

Reaction score
LPsIBZ.jpg

Studio Gothic, Smartwood before the changes, Standard, 81 Custom, factory second I had painted before Gibson did a ZW Sig
DSCI0682.jpg

LP Axcess
DSCI0525.jpg

2 61 RIs
000_0555.jpg

Standard honeyburst, only one I ever had with problems right from Gibson
Lightburst.jpg

Lightburst Classis

elcid

Reaction score
Guitars2007.jpg

Faded SG
Full.jpg

50th Anniv Explorer
000_0594.jpg

Gothic Explorer
000_0019.jpg

V90
000_0572.jpg

Firebird V

I also had a Gothic V that I cant seem to find any pics of

I think that's it. I'm not try to show my e-penis, just figured I would list them all from the last 7 or 8 years in case anyone had a question about a specific model or never saw some of the less common models (V90, 50th Ann Explorer, Birdseye Lp, etc)

GIBSON67

Reaction score
ELCID, I have to ask what your favorite is/was? BTW, nice gits! I especially like the 77 Custom.

elcid

Reaction score
Probably the 76 and 77 customs or the vsb classic after I swapped out the emgs. I sold the 76 because my mother needed money and I didn't need 17 guitars, then when things got better I bought the 77 to replace it. The classic was my go to for years. I stupidly traded it for a somewhat rare strat I had to have that I saw on ebay. After I got the strat and had it for a few months I took it to my guy for a set up and the neck was back bowed with no movement in the truss rod, said heat treating it didn't do enough. Its still a sore spot

GIBSON67

Reaction score
How does that 60's Tribute stack up against the higher end Les Pauls? I can't afford a real Paul, but those look great and are giving me gas. I especially like the Goldtops in that series.

elcid

Reaction score
^^ How many of those do you stil own?
Some very nice guitars in there :)

Down to 2. The 77 custom ad the white 61 ri. I go through phases of collecting, then feeling bad becase most of the guitars don't get played so I sell them. I think I got it beat now though. I'm lucky to have a guy that gives me great prices.

elcid

Reaction score
How does that 60's Tribute stack up against the higher end Les Pauls? I can't afford a real Paul, but those look great and are giving me gas. I especially like the Goldtops in that series.

It was a great guitar, I was torn between that and a black edwards lp custom with p90s. I went with the 60s tribute but it was too light so I sold it to give the edwards a shot. I tried to get the gold one but it wa a limited edition and gibson sold out of them, at the time on the used/flippers market I was looking at spending $200-$300 more for a gold one so I passed. They main thing that may or may not affect your decision is the back was 5 pieces of wood

Komanchy

Reaction score
Amazing collection and great taste in gibbys.:thumb:How much did the firebird set you back elcid? Ive been looking for one used but they're hard to find at a good price.

elcid

Reaction score
I want to say I paid in the neighborhood of $1250. I think it was old stock at Sweetwater and they never updated their price, they were a few hundred less than even my guy was able to do. It was a nice guitar but surprisingly neck heavy and light in the body. When I sold it I tried CL for $1250 and everyone said I was crazy, I put it on ebay and got $1500

Komanchy

Reaction score
Nice! How did that 60's tribute LP sound. I've heard mixed reviews (to much hum/great blues sound). I havent had the chance to test one out at my local store but I've played LP's before and I love them. I'm just trying to figure out which model I want.

elcid

Reaction score
I didn't notice hum being much of an issue and didn't use it for blues. My band is basically 3 chord garage-y stuff and it worked great for that. For the price you can't go wrong. You're getting an American made Gibson for a Korean knock off price, like I mentioned earlier my biggest complaint was the weight. It was entirely too light.