M412A cab cover! What size?

• Thread starter Richardjordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Richardjordan

Reaction score
Hi, been looking for one for a week or so now but cant find a pre made one to fit?

Can anybody suggest anything?

Thanks.

Richardjordan

Reaction score
Cheers willscott, I have tried that but the M412A seems to be larger dimensions than all the others listed. I assumed marshall and other sites would already have one made for it but I cant see one.

On the marshall products page they say its the "same size as a standard 4x12" but its not?

May have to go down the route of paying a little more to have one made but will try to avoid it if possible-only problem is that the cab is picking up knocks during transport to each gig so need to get it sorted asap.

Thanks again.

willscott182

Reaction score
According to the dimensions of the 1960a on the marshall site, the M412A is slightly smaller, only by a bit though. My bet would be that a standard 1960a cover would do just fine.

Richardjordan

Reaction score
cheers willscott, :applause: the 1960a is the only cab I didn't look at :cool:

I'll get it ordered and thanks for your time!

Rich

My cab is paired with a TSL60, quite enjoying trying to find my "tone" but nearly there.

willscott182

Reaction score
cheers willscott, :applause: the 1960a is the only cab I didn't look at :cool:

I'll get it ordered and thanks for your time!

Rich

My cab is paired with a TSL60, quite enjoying trying to find my "tone" but nearly there.

No worries man, the 1960a is pretty much the standard marshall cab so you should have no problems finding a cover.

Nice amp, have fun with it. :thumb:

kamran

Reaction score
I actually don't think a 1960 cover will fit very well. I mean, it'll work, but it'll be very loose and floppy and not stay on in transport, like a kid wearing his dads suit. Sell the 412A and upgrade to a real 1960, you know you want to!